knowlejboy

Fico '08?

Has this been implemented yet? What are the changes? Is it likely to affect my scores? Sorry if this has been covered before but I could not find an answer after several searches.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Fico '08?

FICO08 has not been implemented at any of the CRA's.

Experian will be first-

knowlejboy wrote:
Has this been implemented yet? What are the changes? Is it likely to affect my scores? Sorry if this has been covered before but I could not find an answer after several searches.

knowlejboy

Do you know when it's going to become effective, and what impact it will have on scoring? Where can I learn more about it? I'm trying to qualify for a mortgage in about 6 months.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Check over on the Credit in the News board. Umpty-zillion posts over there.

The short answer is no one knows the when. There are several links on the posts on that board with summaries of what the changes are. The main one is that AU accounts will no longer be used in scoring.

rubaty and others posted a link to this article on yahoo:

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/104062/Default-Lines-The-New-Math-of-Credit-Scores
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
fused

knowlejboy wrote:
Do you know when it's going to become effective, and what impact it will have on scoring? Where can I learn more about it? I'm trying to qualify for a mortgage in about 6 months.

It wouldn't surprise me if FICO 2008 isn't widely used for some time.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Valued Contributor
cobra19

IMO, it will be a few years yet before all 3 bureaus adapt FICO '08.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}