cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 8 Score does not include AU Accounts in giving backdated credit history and AOAA...

Valued Member

Fico 8 Score does not include AU Accounts in giving backdated credit history and AOAA...

This is According to Cx Support Supervisor from MyFico

I noticed my fico 8 score which is 700's across the board but negativer was showing short credit history 

Im an authorized user of  a account with discover 21 years no late payments via grandparents

Wondering why it didnt show up in the account  I called myfico 

first rep told me to check with the 3 bureaus and I did they all show reporting

second rep got me to supervisior that explained it counted au accounts gives u the full aaoa history in fico 4/5 but not fico 8

It gives you the boost as far as payments but not full length credit history so now im gonna have to get swtiched to joint account in discover

*im appying for a home mortgage soon so I want the best rates * Im aware that fico 5 equifax and fico 4 transunion

which for me now is 744 and 724 is the one home mortgage pulls

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES

Re: Fico 8 Score does not include AU Accounts in giving backdated credit history and AOAA...

djmax041 wrote:

I noticed my fico 8 score which is 700's across the board but negativer was showing short credit history 

Im an authorized user of  a account with discover 21 years no late payments via grandparents

second rep got me to supervisior that explained it counted au accounts gives u the full aaoa history in fico 4/5 but not fico 8

It gives you the boost as far as payments but not full length credit history so now im gonna have to get swtiched to joint account in discover

*im appying for a home mortgage soon so I want the best rates * Im aware that fico 5 equifax and fico 4 transunion

You can't convert it to a joint account but it's irrelevant anyway; mortgage trifecta is FICO 04/98 mix, and AU's are counted fully there.

In FICO 8 there's an anti-AU abuse algorithm which we're not really sure how it behaves but sounds like you may have been caught on it with your being an AU on your grandparents card.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 741, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (1/1/18)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 771, TU 4 750, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (01/01/19)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Established Member

Re: Fico 8 Score does not include AU Accounts in giving backdated credit history and AOAA...

Revelate wrote:

djmax041 wrote:

You can't convert it to a joint account but it's irrelevant anyway; mortgage trifecta is FICO 04/98 mix, and AU's are counted fully there.

In FICO 8 there's an anti-AU abuse algorithm which we're not really sure how it behaves but sounds like you may have been caught on it with your being an AU on your grandparents card.

I know this is an old thread but I have a related question.

Question: Is it certain that traditional, older mortage FICO models, specifically Experian FICO 2 factor AU lines into account?

And are the AU lines frowned upon by mortage lenders?

Thank you!!

Message 3 of 3