cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 8 Score does not include AU Accounts in giving backdated credit history and AOAA...

tag
djmax041
Valued Member

Fico 8 Score does not include AU Accounts in giving backdated credit history and AOAA...

This is According to Cx Support Supervisor from MyFico

I noticed my fico 8 score which is 700's across the board but negativer was showing short credit history 

Im an authorized user of  a account with discover 21 years no late payments via grandparents

Wondering why it didnt show up in the account  I called myfico 

first rep told me to check with the 3 bureaus and I did they all show reporting

second rep got me to supervisior that explained it counted au accounts gives u the full aaoa history in fico 4/5 but not fico 8

It gives you the boost as far as payments but not full length credit history so now im gonna have to get swtiched to joint account in discover

*im appying for a home mortgage soon so I want the best rates * Im aware that fico 5 equifax and fico 4 transunion

which for me now is 744 and 724 is the one home mortgage pulls

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico 8 Score does not include AU Accounts in giving backdated credit history and AOAA...

@djmax041 wrote:

I noticed my fico 8 score which is 700's across the board but negativer was showing short credit history 

Im an authorized user of  a account with discover 21 years no late payments via grandparents

second rep got me to supervisior that explained it counted au accounts gives u the full aaoa history in fico 4/5 but not fico 8

It gives you the boost as far as payments but not full length credit history so now im gonna have to get swtiched to joint account in discover

*im appying for a home mortgage soon so I want the best rates * Im aware that fico 5 equifax and fico 4 transunion

You can't convert it to a joint account but it's irrelevant anyway; mortgage trifecta is FICO 04/98 mix, and AU's are counted fully there.

In FICO 8 there's an anti-AU abuse algorithm which we're not really sure how it behaves but sounds like you may have been caught on it with your being an AU on your grandparents card.

        
Message 2 of 3
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fico 8 Score does not include AU Accounts in giving backdated credit history and AOAA...

@Revelate wrote:

@djmax041 wrote:

You can't convert it to a joint account but it's irrelevant anyway; mortgage trifecta is FICO 04/98 mix, and AU's are counted fully there.

In FICO 8 there's an anti-AU abuse algorithm which we're not really sure how it behaves but sounds like you may have been caught on it with your being an AU on your grandparents card.

I know this is an old thread but I have a related question.

Question: Is it certain that traditional, older mortage FICO models, specifically Experian FICO 2 factor AU lines into account?

And are the AU lines frowned upon by mortage lenders?

Thank you!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.