Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico EQ Report question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico EQ Report question?

I pulled my FICO EQ report and under the inquires section it says that it show the inquires I have received in the last 12 months prior to the report I pulled but yet in the list of inquires that may be affecting my score it has these:

February 05, 2008 As Sv Slfn

February 05, 2008 Amer Gen F 

February 05, 2008 Citi Auto 

January 31, 2008 Target Nb

January 28, 2008 Gemb/Sam'S

November 30, 2007 Credco

May 22, 2007 Credco

These are over a year old.....

Why is this cause there is inquires that is on my real EQ report that is not on this list but yet the ones above that is over 12 month old are....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico EQ Report question?

To clarify, the 7 listed in your post above are on your EQ FICO report recently pulled from this website?

ETA...can't count today.
Message Edited by llecs on 03-28-2009 06:21 PM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Pulled on 3-28-2009
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the report I got it says that they may show for up to two years although they will only count against your credit score for the one year.  Maybe yours is the same thing?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The strange thing is it does not show all the inquires from my real EQ report to my Fico report and this is looked at the same day for the compare.. I guess strange things happen like  one of the two 30-Day lates I have comes and goes upon updates like one time I have one late and the next time I have 2.. Strange.....
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Susyquk wrote:
On the report I got it says that they may show for up to two years although they will only count against your credit score for the one year.  Maybe yours is the same thing?

I just looked at my FICO score reports, and this comment does not appear. What it says is:

An inquiry indicates when a business, usually a lender, has checked your credit. The inquiry listed here is the only time in the 12 months prior to the date of this report that a lender has checked your credit at TransUnion. Most likely, this inquiry appears because you applied for credit with that lender. Inquiries associated with applying for new credit are typically the only kind of inquiry that will impact your FICO® score.

Having multiple inquiries can hurt your FICO® score because research has shown that multiple inquiries can represent greater risk to a lender. A single inquiry, however, will have little or no impact on your score. In general, inquiries contribute to less than 10% of your FICO® score.
Inquiries that may be affecting your FICO® score
Total: 1 Time
Date Company making the inquiry
March 10, 2008 Barclays Bank Delaware

Inquiries not considered by the FICO® score are not listed here, such as inquiries that result from obtaining your own credit reports and FICO® scores.

This is from my TU FICO, but I checked the other two, and the identical verbiage appears on both. Where exactly (which screen) on your report does this comment show?

Full credit reports do show two years worth of inquiries, and other credit monitoring services (TrueCredit, CreditSecure, etc.) show two years worth. Are you looking at a full report instead of one from here?

That's very odd that OP sees this on FICO reports.

CyndibemyLOVE, can you post a screenshot of the page with these old inquiries? If not, call myFICO customer service tomorrow (they're closed on Sundays) and ask if they can see what's displaying on their end.

Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm PST
Sat 7am to 4pm PST
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

If you get your report and FICO score from the EQ site, it lists INQs over the last 2 years.  Mine shows the following:

Inquiries A request for your credit history is called an inquiry.Inquiries remain on your credit report for two years. There are two types of inquires - those that may impact your credit rating and those that do not.

Inquiries that may impact your credit rating
These inquires are made by companies with whom you have applied for a loan or credit.

Name of Company Date of Inquiry

AT&T SERVICES,INC  
Show Details 01/28/08
CIT BANK/BILL ME LATER  
Show Details 12/26/07
VERIZON WIRELESS-N.TX 
Show Details 05/13/07
WEST LOOP MITSUBISHI  
Show Details 06/12/08

My EQ report here shows only the West loop one and this would be the only one that could possibly be hurting my score.

It also shows softs for those who might be interested (learned that from HTSU).

Message Edited by marty56 on 03-29-2009 09:44 AM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.