Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Equifax score compared to score received directly from Equifax

tag
thorjo1984
Established Member

Fico Equifax score compared to score received directly from Equifax

My Fico Score 8 says my score is 673. I went to Equifax.com and paid to receive a score directly from them and it says 751. What gives? They were both pulled today, 3/20.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Re: Fico Equifax score compared to score received directly from Equifax

unless it says FICO...its a FAKO score...its their score....

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you did the Score Power on Equifax, that is actually the mortgage score (or Fico 5 on myfico scores).  I think I have seen it also referred to as Beacon 5.0 scores.  It isn't fakko, just a different Fico version.

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Equifax sells their own score for edcuational purposes that is not a FICO score. They also sell the score power score which as pointed out above is a FICO score that is the mortgage score.

It seems to be counter intutitive that you go direct to the source and still get a FAKO score - but that's what they do. If the score is labeled "FICO" it is a FICO score (you still need to investigate which version on the various sites), otherwise it is just a revenue generating 'educational score'.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.