Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score 2 Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico Score 2 Help

A tip:

Experian offers a low-cost one-month trial of a credit monitoring service that provides free Experian report and FICO 8 daily.

While you are subscribed to that service, you can pull your EX FICO 2 (i.e., your Experian mortgage score) on the cheap -- for $5.

If you are attempting to optimize your Experian profile and score in particular -- and especially if you're doing experiments on your FICO 2 -- this can be useful.

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: I paid off the small balance closed card and got the 5 points I needed on my FICO 2 score! Thank you for helping everyone!

Message 22 of 30
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Great news and Congrats! Just curious with the card being closed but carrying a balance, did it yield only 5 pts, or did it jump double digits?

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DollyLama wrote:

Great news and Congrats! Just curious with the card being closed but carrying a balance, did it yield only 5 pts, or did it jump double digits?

It brought my score up 7 point, 2 more than I needed. I did end up lowering my credit usage to <18.99% but that only got me 4 points. I am only tracking Fico 2 (experian) So I do not know what the other came up as.

Thanks again for all the help everyone! It worked!!

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again! Im wondering if you guys can help again! I am only 3 points away from a 700 FICO 2! I have a couple of student loans that have higher balances than the original amount borrowed due to deferment. Should I bring those below the original amount? I can only do so by a fraction, so will it even make a difference?

Thanks again for the help last year!

Message 25 of 30
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Hello! I am buying a house and am 5 points away from getting a much lower score. I have 26% CC Utilization total, 48% on one card and 6% utilization on another and new student loans that have balances higher than the original loan amount due to accrued interest while in school. Should I use my cash to pay down my student loans so that they are lower than the original balances? Or get my CC utilization lower or pay off the lower balance of the cards? I wont be able to get it much lower than 23% total, but I can certainly pay my student loan balances to below the original amount. OR will either of these even make a difference? I just need a 5 point increase to save almost $100 a month. Please help Smiley Happy

Thank you!

I know you didn't mean "lower score", you meant higher score and lower interest.

IMHO you would get the most mileage in FICO 2 from paying off as many of the lower balance cards as you can down to zero.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 26 of 30
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I have a couple of missed payments from 2013 and 2 collections. Do you think I can ask to have those collections removed if its been 5 years? I never heard of Goodwill letters. Unfortunately I am under contract and have about 3 weeks until closing. My CCs and student loans update at the end of this month. Im not sure a goodwill letter will be quick enough. How low do you think I would have to go on my UTL to get 5 more points? 

You can just send the bureau "verification" letters asking them to verify the items. If they don't get verification from the creditor in 30 days they'll drop the items.

Message 27 of 30
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
I forgot a detail. The lower balance credit card is in closed status because I never used it. But Still has a small balance. It doesn't count towards my total available credit but does count towards a monthly payment. I'm desperate. Thanks for your help ahead of time!

Yes that's a big detail. That kind of report kills your score. You definitely want to pay that one off.

Message 28 of 30
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

UPDATE: I paid off the small balance closed card and got the 5 points I needed on my FICO 2 score! Thank you for helping everyone!

Congratulations.

Message 29 of 30
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi again! Im wondering if you guys can help again! I am only 3 points away from a 700 FICO 2! I have a couple of student loans that have higher balances than the original amount borrowed due to deferment. Should I bring those below the original amount? I can only do so by a fraction, so will it even make a difference?

Thanks again for the help last year!

You should. I don't know if it will make a scoring difference, but you should start paying that stuff down.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.