Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score Simulator

tag
jonjohn
Contributor

Fico Score Simulator

Has anyone had results that the simulator predicted?

My current score is 638 and it claims that if I pay down $500 of my revolving debt my score will go up to 668-708. That doesn't seem possible. It also gave me the same score if I paid $1,900.

Starting Score: EQ 625 TU 630
Current Score: EX 711 EQ 685 TU 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ceejx
Established Contributor

Re: Fico Score Simulator

I had a reported balance of $18 and said I would go from 699 to 790-something if I paid down my $18 Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
jonjohn
Contributor

So, you are saying that the simulator is a bunch of crap?

Message 3 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

IMHO the simulator accuracy is based on the content of your CR.  If your CR is clean except for say util, it is more accurate then f you have a lot of derog info.

Keep in mind that unlike FAKO score comments, any comment on how to improve your core from the FICO simulator will have a neutral to positive effect on your FICO score.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 12
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

I mentioned this in another post  but Fico Score Simulator said if I pay down to 8% util over 1 month, my score will go from 681 to 701-740. I got an alert today that my score is now 715. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score was 706. It said that if I paid $800 of my balances, the score would be 706-726. After the $800 payment reported, my score rose immediately to 716. Based on this and looking at previous instances where I have lowered my utilization, it seems accurate. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I'm hoping it remains accurate. Waiting for statements to report new balances bringing everything down to 9% utilization. The score sim says 746-786 based on that drop in utilization alone, but in the next month my AAoA will click over from 4 to 5 years, so hopefully between the two things I end up in pretty good shape!

Message 7 of 12
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

It has been very accurate for me. I have one red flag from 2010 showing. I have met or exceeded all of their "future Fico Score ranges" since I have been tracking my developments. Once you obtain a 5% to 7% util.,  paying more off on cc's doesn't seem to impact the score short term. Best wishes for success.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 8 of 12
jonjohn
Contributor

Thanks for all of the great information.. I just paid $500 on one of my cc taking the util down to below 25%.  According to the Fico sim, it says it will go up to 668. I'd be happy with that for now... Want to be about 700 or damn near close by the end of the year. Do you think that is attainable? Only have $1,400 total revolving debt left to pay.

Message 9 of 12
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Why does the Fico Score Simulator not allow you to choose more than one input?

I would like to choose the option to “Pay Down the Balances on All Your Credit Cards” in addition to “Pay Your Bills on Time”.

However, this is not possible. 

When I select “Simulate best action” from the top, it simulates paying down 90 – 100% of credit card balances over the next 24 months. 

However, I would like to determine the outcome of paying 90 – 100% of my credit card balances over the next month coupled with 6 additional months of on time payments would be. 

Does anyone know how to do this?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.