cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score not available

tag
Ronster149

Re: Fico Score not available

Now that I give it more thought, I'm not 100% sure I got a report or score from Equifax, but for the past year I have been monitoring the other 2. Does Fico run mainly on Equifax? If so, could it be that nothing is being reported to Equifax so it looks like I have no history?

Message 11 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Ronster149 wrote:

Now that I give it more thought, I'm not 100% sure I got a report or score from Equifax, but for the past year I have been monitoring the other 2. Does Fico run mainly on Equifax? If so, could it be that nothing is being reported to Equifax so it looks like I have no history?

If you are trying to pull SW, then that would be EQ. 

I would contact Cust Service at myFICO to get a better understanding.  If you meet the requirements and your SSN is at least two years old, you should be able to pull tour score. 

Message 12 of 17
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Ronster149 wrote:

If you are trying to pull SW, then that would be EQ. 

I would contact Cust Service at myFICO to get a better understanding.  If you meet the requirements and your SSN is at least two years old, you should be able to pull tour score. 

I did that and was told to give it more time. If I'm at the year mark and still there are problems with my oldest account being almost 4 years old, then yeah there will be problems.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 13 of 17
Ronster149

I've contacted customer support and thier reply was...

"Unfortunately we are unable to provide a FICO score to you because the bureau does not have any qualifying accounts present for you."

Having an active credit card and paying on it on time for a year and a half so far isn't considered a qualifying account? If not then what is considered a qualifying account? Unfortunately I don't understand the problem anymore now then I did before contacting support. Only more confused.

Message 14 of 17
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Ronster149 wrote:

I've contacted customer support and thier reply was...

"Unfortunately we are unable to provide a FICO score to you because the bureau does not have any qualifying accounts present for you."

Having an active credit card and paying on it on time for a year and a half so far isn't considered a qualifying account? If not then what is considered a qualifying account? Unfortunately I don't understand the problem anymore now then I did before contacting support. Only more confused.

Hi Ronster149,

Welcome to the forum and sorry you're having such a difficult time with your FICO score from equifax. Others have mentioned the more practical reasons why you may not have a score, so I am going to add one more thing. You said that you are a member of Identity Guard and you were able to pull your reports. Are you sure you are looking at the Equifax report too? Also, on your Equifax report, is your credit card reporting to Equifax? Most cards will report to all 3 however sometimes there are issues that need to be corrected on the creditor's end.

If it is showing up on your report, please make sure it has reported for at least 6 months. Maybe you can copy and paste the way your Equifax report is showing - but be careful to not include any account numbers.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 15 of 17
Ronster149

Thanks for the reply IamB2,

Please bare with me as this is all so new to me. You replied that I was having a hard time with my FICO score from Equifax. Is the FICO score only based on Equifax or do I have to have a qualifying account with all 3 bureaus? I no longer have Identity Guard so I can't recall which bureaus reports I was getting. Currently I am only subscribed to Experian, but I do know that TU and Exp. are both showing my credit card being reported for over a year. I will pull up my Eqifax report and assess the situation.

Message 16 of 17
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Ronster149 wrote:

Thanks for the reply IamB2,

Please bare with me as this is all so new to me. You replied that I was having a hard time with my FICO score from Equifax. Is the FICO score only based on Equifax or do I have to have a qualifying account with all 3 bureaus? I no longer have Identity Guard so I can't recall which bureaus reports I was getting. Currently I am only subscribed to Experian, but I do know that TU and Exp. are both showing my credit card being reported for over a year. I will pull up my Eqifax report and assess the situation.

OK so let's start from the beginning...

FICO is simply a mathematical algorithm which is applied to your data that is contained on your report. Equifax, Transunion and Experian are three of the major credit reporting agencies or CRAs. When you apply the FICO algorithm to the data that is contained on your Equifax report, you generate a FICO score - which within of itself is just a number that the lenders use to determine your risk. Makes sense so far?

If no data is available on your Equifax report, or the data that is available is less than 6 months old, then no score can be generated. Remember, the algorithm is a predictive one which analyzes your past credit behavior. Minimum past behavior required to predict potential future behavior that the algorithm needs is 6 months.

If there is data for the past year on your Transunion and Experian reports from your credit card, the only logical explanation why there is no score being generated from myFICO, it could be due to the fact the card you have is not reporting to Equifax.

Please keep us posted once you pull your report from equifax.

Hope I was able to help out tonight.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.