cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score - replacement credit cards...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Score - replacement credit cards...

Hi all,

I have received my renewal credit cards from Visa and Master Card and noticed on my report that these TLs say opened in 2005 and 2004 however months reported only says 2 now.  Does this affect my score?  They used to say a whole bunch of months reported until I got and activated my renewal cards.  Please let me know if I should worry about this or if the only thing that would affect my score is the date opened?

Cheers,

Joe

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Fico Score - replacement credit cards...

Date opened is the key but if you are really curious pull an EQ free report and check your AAofA.
Message 2 of 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico Score - replacement credit cards...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I have received my renewal credit cards from Visa and Master Card and noticed on my report that these TLs say opened in 2005 and 2004 however months reported only says 2 now.  Does this affect my score?  They used to say a whole bunch of months reported until I got and activated my renewal cards.  Please let me know if I should worry about this or if the only thing that would affect my score is the date opened?

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe...welcome to the forums.

Is this the case on all your reports, or is it just one of them? I wouldn't worry at this point, but I agree...I would pull a report that will give you your average age of accounts (AAoA) and see if it is where it should be. If the opening date is the same, that is what AAoA is calculated from, so you should be OK.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.