Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score updates ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Score updates ...

I hate to be critical of myfico since this is the only place you can go for the service we receive but why is score updates taking so long?
Made large payment on amex acct and ex got reported quickly,tu reported same day but didn't receive update until 3 days later,and eq is now on day 6 and still haven't received updated info.
How hard can it be to send us the updated info the same time as as the bureaus receive it?
It should not take this long.
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico Score updates ...

@Anonymous wrote:
I hate to be critical of myfico since this is the only place you can go for the service we receive but why is score updates taking so long?
Made large payment on amex acct and ex got reported quickly,tu reported same day but didn't receive update until 3 days later,and eq is now on day 6 and still haven't received updated info.
How hard can it be to send us the updated info the same time as as the bureaus receive it?
It should not take this long.

I hate to play the OEM card in myFICO's defense but it's actually true in this case: the changes are sent from the bureau, and sometimes things get slow there for individual or sometimes all users - it isn't a perfect application.

EQ is usually my fastest for updates.. and to be honest the bureaus don't actually update in real time either necessarily for balance updates: pretty certain Transunion batches it up or at least used to as I saw some truly odd behavior and I still get backdated entries seemingly.  EQ's always been solid for me, what's been in the service has been what I've seen on the base EQ report (just had to dispute an address and looked at it for giggles though my report isn't the best for seeing that anymore as the bulk of my updates are one one day).

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I here what your saying. I think on this particular case it's definitely on myfico because my weekly update on ck shows that eq was definitely updated because score went back up 21 pts.
Thats why I'm a little irritated that it's taking so long here,I want to see how much my fico8 went up. I'm not apping right now so it's not critical or anything. But in this day and age we shouldn't be having issues like this on something so easy to remedy.
A simple refresh to match up what I have on my end matches what myfico has would do the trick. Just need a good programmer.
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I here what your saying. I think on this particular case it's definitely on myfico because my weekly update on ck shows that eq was definitely updated because score went back up 21 pts.
Thats why I'm a little irritated that it's taking so long here,I want to see how much my fico8 went up. I'm not apping right now so it's not critical or anything. But in this day and age we shouldn't be having issues like this on something so easy to remedy.
A simple refresh to match up what I have on my end matches what myfico has would do the trick. Just need a good programmer.

Unless you purchase a 1B or 3B pull, there's no pull of the Equifax data by myFICO; check your own Equifax file for soft's if you don't believe me on that point Smiley Happy.

Equifax is likely the one with the issue with how the application is architected: changes get pushed to the myFICO monitoring service, they're not polling for changes.  Credit Karma every time it refreshes, does a pull of the bureau and then calculates differences so it's not a 1:1 comparison.  That also shows up in the base Equifax report.

Yeah I agree it could be better, but Equifax is a tremendously complicated infrastructure (perhaps unnecessiarily having dealt with the bureau's teams when I was working at Toyota) but the only reason myFICO catches the blame is because it's OEMing Equifax's Scorewatch product.  So yeah, consumer wise it's MF's fault, but technical issue if a trigger ain't happening, is on the Equifax end unless for whatever reason MF dropped the update... I would assume their rollback transaction code was more robust but it might not be to your point.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.