Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Fico Score

Does anyone know how much a fico score will adjusts when a judgement falls off?Need score to increase fast!

Actually, I have a company that has listed the (1) judgement on my report , which is mine.....but has also listed it (6) different times,with different acct numbers and I am in the process of getting "some one elses" judgements removed off my report as well. Has anyone ever had this happen too? Why are these companies so careless? Or is it the credit bureaus doing this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico Score

Not sure about the carelessness, but I would say the amount of points you will get from having the report removed will depend on if your reports are otherwise clean. Are there any other judgements, bankruptcies, or collections on your report?
Message 2 of 7
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Im not sure what else to call it...besides careless. I have one legit judgement, and they have five others listed on my report that are not mine. Not sure who put them there, but I wish they would take them back Smiley Wink

I have no other judgements or collections, but there is a bankruptcy that is due to fall off next year. No late pays in 3 years on anything...including mortgages.

Do you think the score will go up any? Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I meant about the carelessness was I am not sure if it was at the credit bureau or at the court who entered it, I agree that it is carelessness. When your judgement goes off you may not get an increase in score because you still will be in a "bad bucket" because a bankruptcy will still show on your report. Once that falls off you will likely be in store for a score raise and it could be substantial. Still your report will look better under manual review, especially with no negatives in the last 2 years (which many creditors look at with the most scrutiny).

Goodluck getting the incorrect stuff off.

Message 4 of 7
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Thankyou....
Message 5 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

If that judgement is your only one, then you should realize a nice-sized bump. However, if you have other judgements, you may not see any increase at all.

If you want a quick bump, get ut. to 3-5%.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 7
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Thanks Cobra! 

That sounds encouraging...and thats exactly what I need right now.  Yes, this is the only judgment on my credit report. In reality, it should have been removed in 08....but before I met my great fico friends....I had no clue. This judgment was for a measley 1100.00 which was paid within 30 days after the judgment was issued.....geeze

All of my creditcards and mortgages are in good standing (never been late)....but I have a high debt ratio, which I have started paying down.  (4,000) still have 6,000 to go.....10,000 total creditcard, and loan debt......but never late and no missed payments!

So, Im not sure how much my score will bump, but Im hoping it lands on a trampoline doing 100 mph

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.