Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Scores Change???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Scores Change???

My husband & I recently checked out our credit report from freecreditreport.com. Everything looked great! We decided to pay the fee for our "fico score" & we were really pleased & yet surprised. We knew we had EXCELLENT credit but when the scores appeared (we paid a fee $ 5.95 for them) we were really suprised. We chose to check out our score w/ experian. My husband's score was 888 & my score was 900! I didnt think that sounded right. I always thought the highest & most difficult score to receive was 850. SOOO??? What's the deal? Has there been a change in the range of the numbers from each credit reporting agency or is this ALL wrong information???? I really need to know.

Thanks for all your help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico Scores Change???

You're looking for an explanation between FICOS (real scores sold here) and FAKOS.  Please see the Credit Scoring 101 thread for an explanation.

Welcome to the fora!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Fico Scores Change???

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband & I recently checked out our credit report from freecreditreport.com. Everything looked great! We decided to pay the fee for our "fico score" & we were really pleased & yet surprised. We knew we had EXCELLENT credit but when the scores appeared (we paid a fee $ 5.95 for them) we were really suprised. We chose to check out our score w/ experian. My husband's score was 888 & my score was 900! I didnt think that sounded right. I always thought the highest & most difficult score to receive was 850. SOOO??? What's the deal? Has there been a change in the range of the numbers from each credit reporting agency or is this ALL wrong information???? I really need to know.
Thanks for all your help!

(emphasis mine)

I agree with Peas! You didn't buy "fico scores" --you bought FAKO's.

Your FICO's are probably great, but there isn't a formula that will allow you to translate a FAKO score to a FICO.

If you want to know your FICO's, there's a promotion on now through July for 20% off of all three scores via myFICO's Credit Complete. I think it's summer20, but check the home page to be sure: www.myfico.com.

Welcome to the forums, by the way! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.