Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Scoring confusion

tag
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Fico Scoring confusion

I was checking my Exp fico CC 8 score and notice that one of my negatives was how many accounts in good standing.  It says I have 6 and that's a negative, however it also says that its HIGH acheivers have on average 6 accounts in good standing.  Good standing meaning paid as agreed.  What gives?  How can what they claim as a negative for me be the same thing that's a positive for their HIGH ACHEIVERS??  Anyone?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico Scoring confusion

Welcome to the Forums!

The average of High Achievers... Likely someone with 6 accounts has had them open a few decades, never had a blemish etc.

Without knowing more about your personal file, it would be difficult to make a guess. Are all of your accounts open and in use and do you have any negative accounts?

Yes, FICO scores seem to behave strangely sometimes. 

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico Scoring confusion

@Appleman wrote:

Welcome to the Forums!

The average of High Achievers... Likely someone with 6 accounts has had them open a few decades, never had a blemish etc.

Without knowing more about your personal file, it would be difficult to make a guess. Are all of your accounts open and in use and do you have any negative accounts?

Yes, FICO scores seem to behave strangely sometimes. 

+1

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.