Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Simulator works great!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Simulator works great!

For those that doubt the simulator works, I can say it surely does!  I've faithfully used this "tool" on a weekly basis not just to  keep me on track but to see if and when my score will increase to meet my goals.  Well, just checked in today and it has gone up another 18 points!  Simulator said it would take about another 10 days but it turns out to be wrong on my favor!  So all you doubter's, keep charging and paying away, it works just fine!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico Simulator works great!

This is a perfect example of things working for some people and not for others.  I couldn't disagree with you more regarding the simulator.  Every time I've ever used it it yields me predicted scores of 50-60 points lower than my actual scores.  While it may be right on for some, it certainly isn't for all.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that.  I was told in the beginning not to pay attention to it.  But I couldn't help it.  At first, it didn't seem to work well or I was just app'ing too much.  Since calming down, it's been a little slow.  I can't say why it is so irratic.  I'm staying in the garden and not touching a thing.  It gives me a score of 848 in about 6 months.  That I will have to see to believe.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you Sand!! I hope these simulators really work because mine tells me if I make on time payments for 24 months my scores will be over 800  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good for you Sand!! I hope these simulators really work because mine tells me if I make on time payments for 24 months my scores will be over 800  Smiley Happy

The Sim shows me if I pay on time for 24 months my EQ and EX will be 800+ but my TU will be 670.  That seems a bit odd...lol.  

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Sim shows me if I pay on time for 24 months my EQ and EX will be 800+ but my TU will be 670.  That seems a bit odd...lol.  

That is odd Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear that.  I was told in the beginning not to pay attention to it.  But I couldn't help it.  At first, it didn't seem to work well or I was just app'ing too much.  Since calming down, it's been a little slow.  I can't say why it is so irratic.  I'm staying in the garden and not touching a thing.  It gives me a score of 848 in about 6 months.  That I will have to see to believe.

Nice ring to it !

Good luck

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

While we are talking about the simulator, I really wish you could stack simulations.  Even if the accuracy is questionable at best.  I want to know what happens when I do this, this, and this......etc. 

Edit:  I guess it technically has a feature like this, but it only shows up if you do certain simulations first. 

Message 8 of 17
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

IMO, simulators like this are horse**bleep**. Do you really need a simulator to tell what you should do to get your scores up? And if it works for some and not for others than it's not accurate.. Listen to the posters here, you'll get much better results.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple reason why simulators are BS:  There are essentially an infinite number of pieces of data that go into ones FICO score.  Think of all the criteria that it takes into account... a ton of categories, sub categories, then you factor in the age of each category.  Example - late payments.  You can have 1 late payment, 10 late payments, 20 late payments and those late payments can be of different severities (30, 60, 90, etc) and obviously of different ages.  Just in that category alone you've got a nearly infinite amount of possibilities, yet most simulators ask when the last time you were late was.  It's just way too general.

Question:  When was the last time you had a late payment?  

Answer:  Person selects "2 years ago"

So basically if you have two different people, one had a single 30-day late 2 years ago with perfect payment history on either side of that and the second person has 100 late payments with tons of 90-120 day crap all from 2-4 years ago, except their last one was exactly 2 years ago like the first person, the "simulator" views these two individuals as equal with respect to payment history.  It just doesn't make sense. 

There's no way that asking 10 simple, basic questions without any details at all is going to give an accurate representation/prediction of ones FICO score with any sort of consistency.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.