Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico bump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico bump

Nobody knows the exact algorithms and variations but the scores off of myfico are the real deal. After Irish pointed out some of the flaws in the experian tracker system and me finding other info online that seemed to confirm this info I am considering cancelling my experian tracking service and going with myfico. There may be some different versions and some variations but overall I do believe myfico is the most reliable info to give you a decent idea of exactly where you are at. And for me one tracking system is enough. I gotta look into the myfico service for more details as to what the package includes before switching though.
Message 11 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nobody knows the exact algorithms and variations but the scores off of myfico are the real deal. After Irish pointed out some of the flaws in the experian tracker system and me finding other info online that seemed to confirm this info I am considering cancelling my experian tracking service and going with myfico. There may be some different versions and some variations but overall I do believe myfico is the most reliable info to give you a decent idea of exactly where you are at. And for me one tracking system is enough. I gotta look into the myfico service for more details as to what the package includes before switching though.

experian.experiandirect is the same as myfico experian.    Experiandirect gives you free daily pulls, alerts, monitoring, simulator, etc..$20 mo.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no expert at all this but i found that  Experian membership lets you pull a daily update that has been pretty reliable with 3 faco scores. Close to FICO but  not

perfect.   I use it and FICO to monitor.          

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@racer-x wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

experian.experiandirect is the same as myfico experian.    Experiandirect gives you free daily pulls, alerts, monitoring, simulator, etc..$20 mo.

Tha is true though MyFico often s behind in updating scores so they don't always match.

Message 14 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Just compared my experiandirect scores with myfico ex 08 scores...

The last 3 score changes I had on Jan 30, Feb 5, and Feb 17 are the same between exdirect and myfico ex.

Experiandirect is also offering 3B reports and Fico 08 scores as well.  Seems like some of the former FAKO sites are offering the real deal scores.

Message 15 of 16
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

sombody explain please. thought lower credit utilization was better for scores

fico yesterday  654     fico today 678

BALANCE AMOUNT INCREASE DETAILS
CAPITAL ONE
ACCOUNT BALANCE
from   $219   to  $532
 nothing else changed   

There was another poster that explained everyone's sweet spot is different.  The poster stated that utilization between $1- 9% on one card usually gives you the best score and that for the poster it was 7 %.  The poster also stated that it was 7% on a particular card.  When they had 7% on a different card, the score went down.  Which is why everyone always states that YMMV.

If you get the daily alerts and monthly report, you can always play around with combinations to determine what get's you the best score. Most of us aren't willing to play with our cards and credit to determine our personal optimal balance.  Therefore, we review the forum for generalities and note occurrences like your going from $219 to $532. What ever % $532 represents could be your sweet spot on your Capital One card, or there could be other factors that have affected your score.

None of us purport to have knowledge of the actual FICO formula.  We just give best guesstimates based on our experiences and the experience of others.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.