Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score increase estimate

tag
sleauxmeaux
Valued Member

Fico score increase estimate

I lowered my utilization from 79% to 4% and experian went up 23 points and Equifax went up 27. If I lower it to like 1% do you think it will go up much?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HD247

Re: Fico score increase estimate

How many cards have balances?  What is the individual utilization on each revolving account?  That makes a difference as well.

Message 2 of 6
sleauxmeaux
Valued Member

3 cards...

0/275

7/300

49/750

56 / 1325 for a utilization of 4%

What do you think If i paid off another completely to $0 then left one open with around $10? Do you think my score would go up or stay about the same? That would put it just under 1%.

Message 3 of 6
HD247

Possibly, everything I read here is saying that have all but one account at $0, with utilization on one card below 9%.

Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@HD247 wrote:

Possibly, everything I read here is saying that have all but one account at $0, with utilization on one card below 9%.

I like this answer.  Personaly, through trials and tribulations, my sweetspot is 4%.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
sleauxmeaux
Valued Member

Thanks a bunch! I think I will give it a try Smiley Happy $0 on two and somewhere around $10 on the card with 750 limit.

I don't have many open lines of credit... Just those 3 cards and 2 installment loans (car and furniture).

I do have a ton of OLD (late 2006-early 2007) dings. Collections and Charge-Offs. When I was on my feet enough to catch up, I received advice to NOT touch them because it would make them current again and alter my "fall off date"... I sure wish I would have come on this forum back then because there is no doubt I would have made different choices.

You live.... You learn.

On Aug 5th, my scores were pulled by a lender (mortgage). Equifax 610 and Experian 616 .... A little less than 3 weeks and now my Equifax shows 637 and my Experian shows 631 from myfico. It's getting there... but since I'm in the beginning stages of aquiring the RD loan and building a new home, my broker told me not to dispute items because he didn't want it to hurt my chances. They prequalified / preapproved me... letter given. BUT I need to make sure my middle score gets above 640 and stays there by the time this house is finished. That is somewhere around the end of the year. There will be a couple of old items that will fall off and I know the average age may change...but I'm still hoping for the best!

Any tips on increasing my score without causing any type of harm?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.