cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score monitoring set up

tag
kenshin03

Fico score monitoring set up

Just wondering if I have to wait to check score again its been 30days now ,I set up myfico to monitor me if ! reached 640 and still hasnt receive anything does it mean I have to wait or I cant check it now.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico score monitoring set up

@kenshin03 wrote:

Just wondering if I have to wait to check score again its been 30days now ,I set up myfico to monitor me if ! reached 640 and still hasnt receive anything does it mean I have to wait or I cant check it now.

Be sure to check out the Score Watch Guide and read over the product description.

SW monitors your Eq credit report for certain changes and will alert you to these changes via credit alerts. These alerts are for things like added inquiries, new accounts, account changes, balance increases, and other items. It won't alert you to items like dropped accounts, dropped lates, dropped inquiries, lowered balances, etc. As an alert comes in, SW will grab your latest EQ FICO score and will alert you to changes in your EQ FICO score.

For some folks, nothing is happening on their EQ CR an therefore no credit alerts. I've gone months without alerts before because nothing was happening. In examples like this, SW will at least give you the option of monitoring your EQ FICO for changes. These score alerts will come in based on whether or not your EQ FICO hits or surpasses your target score found in your Settings of the product. So, if your target score is 640, you will not receive a score alert until your EQ FICO hits or exceeds 640. For best practices, always set your EQ FICO to EXACTLY match your known EQ FICO score. That way if your score increases or decreases, you'll get alerted. As your score changes, then immediately reset the target score to the latest score. Your EQ FICO is monitored every 7-10 days so an alert will come within that time assuming the target is hit.

If you haven't received any alerts and cannot see any changes when you browse into the product, it means that not much is happening on your CR and your score hasn't hit 640 yet. Once it does, then you'll see an alert, or once there's a major change to your CR, then you'll get alerted before then.

Message 2 of 4
jhfghg
Established Member

Or you can set the alert for your current score so if it goes up or down by even 1 point you will get an alert.

Tip provided to me by a moderator.

Message 3 of 4
kenshin03

Thanks for the tip guys thats really make sense.....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.