cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score shot up 32 points after an inquiry!

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Fico score shot up 32 points after an inquiry!

So I got an alert that an inquiry was added to my Experian credit report today, well when I went and looked at the impact of the inquiry, it says that my Fico score went from 714 to 746!!! That's a 32 point increase!!!! Now nothing has changed in my report other then adding another inquiry, and I have to wait until the 9th for my quartly report.  So not really sure what would cause such an increase, but hey I'll take that, and that's even with my BK from 2006 still reporting!!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico score shot up 32 points after an inquiry!

@waynes1982 wrote:

So I got an alert that an inquiry was added to my Experian credit report today, well when I went and looked at the impact of the inquiry, it says that my Fico score went from 714 to 746!!! That's a 32 point increase!!!! Now nothing has changed in my report other then adding another inquiry, and I have to wait until the 9th for my quartly report.  So not really sure what would cause such an increase, but hey I'll take that, and that's even with my BK from 2006 still reporting!!!! Smiley Happy

Before and after snapshot of the report.  Inquiries may be zero damage, but they are never positive under any FICO model; simply the monitoring alert and the resultant score was triggered by the inquiry, but it rolled up some other positive change into the result.

Something else changed, but that's a nice boost anyway!

        
Message 2 of 4
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

well it appears as though my BK fell off my experian report earlier then expected. I just ran my 3b report and it it's off that one, I wonder if others will follow suit....

Message 3 of 4
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Just got a 45 point increase in my Transunion Report after I ask for them to exclude the BK, now I need to contact Equifax and see what they'll say!!!!

Updated scores now:

Experian was 714 as of 04/01/2016 and now I'm at 746 Smiley Happy

Transunion was 706 as of 04/09/2016 and now I'm at 751 Smiley Happy

Equifax didn't update and it's still showing as 687 Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.