Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico scores jump to 802 shocked - Why?

tag
cleanitup
Regular Contributor

Fico scores jump to 802 shocked - Why?

Back in early July I posted that my overall utilization went from 77% to 38% to 13%, per my post.   I botched it all up, and thanks to you guys i am starting to get it, working to understand all this.   You guys wanted me to update you when my scores updated.  Back in early July my credit limit was $52400.   I did an Amex BCE CLI and approved (today), limit was $5k now $15k.  I was waiting for Citi and US Bank to report $0 (it is July 28).   AFCU Visa is the only card carrying a balance July 28, card balance = $6809, limit is $20k.   

My total Credit Limit is $62400 (as of July 29)

My FICO Scores on July 8 

EX 756, TU 731, EQ 726 (overall utilization 38% - 40%)

AAoA 7 years, 3 months

My FICO Scores on July 28 (yesterday)

EX 802 (0 inquiry), TU 772 (2 inquiry - recent cable co pull), EQ 790 (0 inquiry)

Not sure why scores went so high, but i will take it.     I think i used the right language this time.   Thanks everyone for educating & helping me.  Please let me know if i got all my language right.   I am refinancing my house next month or so, so these scores wont stand, but nice to see it for a bit.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Fico scores jump to 802 shocked - Why?

Apparently, they are starting to report as the new statement cuts with the zero balances. You have crossed the 49% threshold, 29% threshold which yield the bigger score boosts. If you can only get the one card you are letting report a balance to under 8.99% of its 20k CL, that will shoot your scores up the most. 

Congrats on making such excellent progress in such a short amount of time! 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.