Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico scoring, GRRRRR!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico scoring, GRRRRR!!!

I joined here in October with a score of 577. The only ranked VERY good on my fico score ingredients was LONG credit history of 12 years. One Dec 12th the last time I pulled it, it showed up as a positive help.

Now almost Feb I am back. My score is 604. All the sudden my VERY long credit history is in the not good red area, and the ONLY good thing I have is No missed payments.

Gain one, lose one????????

They almost make it impossible to get your way up there the way they changes this stuff!!!!

Just venting, thanks to all for listening, LOL.

Message Edited by jenknee on 01-31-2008 04:11 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Fico scoring, GRRRRR!!!

Hi, jenknee, did this account vanish from your EQ report? A number of us had this happen to us in January. It was only on Equifax.

If you can reach the original creditor, you can ask them to re-submit your record. I tend to think that it's an EQ problem, and they should fix it, but you know how much fun it is to get the CRA's to admit they made a mistake and to fix it. Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico scoring, GRRRRR!!! long account history gone...

One did vanish and it was from equifax, yes..

Not only that, but I cleared up my report. 4 collections were removed and 6 late payments, and my score only went up 27 pointsSmiley Mad, They were marked with a red flag showing they were hurting  my score, but it hasnt made too much of a difference now that they are gone!

How many of you have had success with them resetting this with the accounts being taken off for long account history?

Message Edited by jenknee on 01-31-2008 04:32 PM
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Fico scoring, GRRRRR!!! long account history gone...

I think it is so recent, no one has reported back yet. There was a pretty good thread going by orhippychick --seems like it was around mid-month.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.