Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico vs experian tracker

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico vs experian tracker

Ok so I signed up for the FICO 3B monitoring on 01/30, and both FICO and experian had the same scores, today I received a credit increased from experian tracker, but nothing from FICO, will I get a credit score change alert as it happens or do I have to wait for the quarterly update? Or are FICO scores not the same as what the experian tracker would show, just trying to understand FICO, thanks in advance....
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico vs experian tracker

Sometimes I get credit notices from Credit Karma and Credit Sesame a full week before they pop up on MyFico.

Other than those occasional delays, you will get updates to your FICO on MyFico pretty regularly (Assuming you are actively using your credit).  But you will only see updates to your FICO 08 scores.  If you got the full package, all the other scores only update when you pull a new 3B report (mine is once a year).

I don't know if Experian shows you your FICO 08 or a different version of your FICO score.  But credit card companies look at  a different version than Mortgage companies, and your credit union may look at a 3rd version if you go for a loan through them.

Bottom line is that you may see a different score on MyFico than you see on any other service, but the MyFico scores I have found are USUALLY right in line with what most credit cards look at when you apply.

Although, if you are paying for MyFico, there's no reason to keep paying for Experian as well.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, sometimes it takes awhile to update, I get it, thank you! And I did canceled experian 😬
Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so I signed up for the FICO 3B monitoring on 01/30, and both FICO and experian had the same scores, today I received a credit increased from experian tracker, but nothing from FICO, will I get a credit score change alert as it happens or do I have to wait for the quarterly update? Or are FICO scores not the same as what the experian tracker would show, just trying to understand FICO, thanks in advance....

It's the same, they''re both giving you the FICO 8 score from Experian.

The Experian one just updates quicker. In my case it seems to take about 2 days for the MyFICO Experian FICO 8 to catch up to the one on the Experian site.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, I get it! Thanks for answering my question, I read a lot here, but still fairly new
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meh, my EX and EQ FICO scores haven't updated since 1/18 although there has definitely been a decent amount of changes in my scores... my one EX is up about 60 points. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting rid of it soon before I get charged again for an overpriced product.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I signed up according to capital one tracker my TU score had some changes and I know is not a FICO score but I believe I should have seen some type change to my FICO, but it didn't, still haven't seen a change in my EX as well not sure about their monitoring 🤔
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.