Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico vs total accounts reporting

tag
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Fico vs total accounts reporting

Hey to all. Just pulled an update Equifax report. Here are some verifable facts: Items hurting your score  "Too many credit accounts with a balance  and too many credit cards carrying a balance."  Total 9 accounts with balances, 1 mortage, 2 auto, 6 cc. All cc's paid in full monthly, current reported util. 6%, (unchanged between both periods). For comparison from last month, 2 additional cc's reported. Also reduced was the category " Amount of debt" from very good to good( reported debt about $ 200. different). The comparison reports were each pulled on the first day of the month for an apple to apple comparison.The alogrithm shows that the additional reporting ccs really tanks your score. (This is temp. only as we used some of our lessor favored cards during these two perods.) Finally, I did loose one positive trade to aging, a closed cc from 1994.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico vs total accounts reporting

If you lost a tradeline, I'd be curious to see if by returning the CC balances reported to the original January date returns the score to that, or if it's markedly less still.  Still will be some slight differences but that might possibly help ruling out the effect of that history wandering off from an analysis perspective.

Thank you for the post regardless.

        
Message 2 of 3
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Fico vs total accounts reporting

Sure, I will pull March 1st.  I will attempt to get a couple of those ccs off. Since some are joint, I can not control all of the reporting balances/cards. Also next month, I believe that I hit the 4 year mark on my last late payment. It could be interesting. Thanks for your input/responces and Best wishes for Success to you!.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.