Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Figure credit FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figure credit FICO score

I am confused! I just received my 3 credit reports (scores 794, 794 and 825). How do I come p withthe actual FICO score  or is there truly a single FICO score. Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Figure credit FICO score

If you got the three from this site, you are in great shape. Congrats!

You will always have 3 FICO scores, not one. Some mortgage lenders look for a median score though. That is calculated by taking the middle score, or 794 in your example.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair Isaac, the owner of the FICO scoring formulas, worked with each credit bureau (which stores and sells to authorized businesses your credit info) to develop formulas that were similar but weighted different information slightly differently. As a result, they all come out with near the same median/mean scores but each one may rate you slightly differently even if all 3 bureaus have the exact same information on you.
Message 3 of 4
vawt
Contributor

Besides the different formulas, inquiries will usually only show on one report, so that can cause differences as well.  Some creditors may not report to all 3 bureaus (sometimes you have to request them to). 

There are many reasons that your scores will never be the same, but if you never, ever pay late you should be fine.

Scores June-09: EQ 798 TU-785
Scores Mar-09: EQ 792 (getting close) TU-782
Scores Feb-09: EQ- 786 EX- ??? TU-777
Scores Jan-09: EQ- 791 EX- 786 TU-765
Scores Aug-08: EQ- 786 EX- 779 TU- 737
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.