Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final collection removed from Equifax - 53 pt increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final collection removed from Equifax - 53 pt increase

I had a $150 medical collection that has haunted me for 2 years. Long story short, I disputed with proof.  TU removed it but EQ and EX didn't.  Today, my EQ score increased 53 points.  The collection FINALLY has been removed.  I thought my score might increase a little more than that but I am excited to have a clean report.  I think I will call EX tomorrow and try one last time to remove it *fingers crossed*

TU - 772; EQ - 745;  EX 684 grrrrrr

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Final collection removed from Equifax - 53 pt increase

Congrats on the removal!  Definitely a good feeling and an even better one when it's across all 3 bureaus.

Question though.  You said you're going to call EX tomorrow to try and have them remove it.  I've never heard of people calling the bureaus for such a thing.  Isn't it just the lender that can have things modified based on what they submit?  I feel like EX would just tell you to have the lender submit a request for the removal of the negative item.  If I'm wrong about this please let me know, as I've got 3 letters from one of my creditors dated in October, December and February stating that they submitted requests to the bureaus to have all negative information removed and yet it still remains.  I keep taking it up with the creditor (and they send an additional request) but perhaps I can take it up with the bureaus and provide them with the letters myself to help the process?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian has the comment on my record that I disputed the collection.  My thoughts on calling them is to "question" why they continue to report when TU and EQ removed it.  I don't know if it will work but I am hoping for suggestions from them.  I have read many posts of people having success with negative info being removed after calling. Others have had to file dusputes.   I really think the $ amount gives more flexibility on what they can do.    I had a $45 negative account removed with a phone call.  I don't remember what reason was used because it was almost 2 years ago.

The one thing I do know about this haunting medical charge is that Fox collection agency  is never willing to work with clients. I did a  bit of research and they aren't helpful based on other forums,  bbb, and reviews.  Example - My husband has a paid collection with them and they won't remove it.  The sad part is the only reason it was late is because we bought a house,  moved and never received the bill.  He only received  the collection notice and he paid immediately  (4 months after the appointment).   He is stuck with it for a few years.

If I were in your shoes, I would call them.  Tell them you have documentation relieving you of the debt/collection and that the debtor has submitted the removal multiple times.  They may have coded it wrong.   Ask them how to proceed to get the items removed.  I have encountered very helpful reps with EX and TU.  EQ was my thorn but others found them more lenient.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a $150 medical collection that has haunted me for 2 years. Long story short, I disputed with proof.  TU removed it but EQ and EX didn't.  Today, my EQ score increased 53 points.  The collection FINALLY has been removed.  I thought my score might increase a little more than that but I am excited to have a clean report.  I think I will call EX tomorrow and try one last time to remove it *fingers crossed*

TU - 772; EQ - 745;  EX 684 grrrrrr

I'm in this exact same boat. Grats on EX removal and GL on EQ!! 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.