Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First credit card question!

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

First credit card question!

Hi all, my cousin just obtained her first ever credit card with discover. She has absolutely no credit history, basically her credit reports are blank. Does anyone know when she will start getting a fico score?, 1months, 2months?. I don't think her discover card is reporting to any CR yet as well.

thanks for the answers btw.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

Re: First credit card question!

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Hi all, my cousin just obtained her first ever credit card with discover. She has absolutely no credit history, basically her credit reports are blank. Does anyone know when she will start getting a fico score?, 1months, 2months?. I don't think her discover card is reporting to any CR yet as well.

thanks for the answers btw.

IIRC, she will need to wait until it has been reporting for 6 months before it will generate a score for her. My new Discover card hasn't started reporting yet and I'm about to close the second statement. I've seen references to it not reporting until the second statement so that is what I'm guessing. Make sure she uses the card some so there is activity so it will report. Congrats to your cousin Smiley Happy

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First credit card question!

There are a couple of other requirements in addition to what CelticLady posted. See the link below.

The Minimum Requirements For A FICO Score

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.