Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post :) I had my credit ran and it came back 0's for all three agencies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First post :) I had my credit ran and it came back 0's for all three agencies

Hey everyone, first post here. Nice site you have here, I hope to learn alot here.

So I had a realator run my credit a couple weeks ago, and my scores came back N/A  from all the breaus.

EQ: N/A Beacon not available, insufficient or unknown acct history
TU: N/A File not scored because subject does not have sufficient credit
EX: N/A The profile report does not contain any tradelines that have been open for at least 6 months

It also shows  2 cellphone accts that went to collections totaling $450.   I've had a cap1 secured card since Sept last year

My question is.. How long does it take before I start having a credit score, and how long will it take to get high enough to qualify for a home loan?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First post :) I had my credit ran and it came back 0's for all three agencies

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, first post here. Nice site you have here, I hope to learn alot here.

So I had a realator run my credit a couple weeks ago, and my scores came back N/A  from all the breaus.

EX: N/A The profile report does not contain any tradelines that have been open for at least 6 months

It also shows  2 cellphone accts that went to collections totaling $450.   I've had a cap1 secured card since Sept last year

My question is.. How long does it take before I start having a credit score, and how long will it take to get high enough to qualify for a home loan?

Hello and welcome.

In order for a FICO® score to be calculated, a credit report must contain these minimum requirements:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First post :) I had my credit ran and it came back 0's for all three agencies

Is your CapOne reporting? When was the last time you used it?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, if the Cap One opened in Sep. iit would be one month old in September......and five months old in February.  So March is its six month birthday?

Does that mean that OP should get a FICO score in March (or April) with the six month history IF his CapOne has been reporting?

If so, OP, then you'll be able to pull your FICO scores at that point.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes cap1 reported... i think I'm right at the 6 month reporting window. I'm ready to see what my score will be.

Message 5 of 7
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are those collections paid? If not, I'd advice to get them paid ASAP and ask them to remove them from your reports. That could seriously damage your chances for a mortgage.

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well looks like I finally got myself an official FICO score.... 634

Just paid off both those old cellphone bills... PFD was not happening Smiley Sad     So hopefully my score will have recovered from those debits by the time I get serious about getting a motgage in 12mos.  Also opened a couple of secure CC's this week, so that'll hit my score even more, but I shouldnt need to do much more besides keep them all current and watch my utilization % this year.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.