Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five Legit Ways to Get a Free Credit Score

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Five Legit Ways to Get a Free Credit Score

jar1154 wrote:
Is there a pattern in differences between FAKO and FICO scores?  I didn't realize the scores obtained through my monthly service weren't FICOs.  I was using them in some of my inquiries and that may not have helped me.

No, no pattern that is consistent across the board for the majority of users. (I emphasized that because a very few members do see a bit of consistency.

The FAKO formulas are completely different from the FICO formulas, so there's no reason for the scores to move along in tandem. Obviously, if a brand-new 30-day late hits your reports, both score versions will tank, but for the day-to-day stuff, it's not very predictable.

I've seen FAKO's go up at the same time my FICO's go down, and vice versa. I finally stopped paying attention, because it's those underlying credit reports that are important. They are what create the score.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Five Legit Ways to Get a Free Credit Score

I use "credit expert" monitoring.  It is experians plus score.  I once went over 5 inquiries and lost 20 points.  Back to 4 and got the 20 pts back.

Ex My Fic..  717

Ex Plus......761

I like EX because it updates really quick and I can pull as many times as I want to.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.