Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing an unreported credit limit, max credit, credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing an unreported credit limit, max credit, credit card

I have a Citibank AAdvantage card with a 50K limit that I recently paid off 20K to 0 the balance on and had my only other CC BofA 50K limit credit card cancelled by them for non-useage so that is resulting in a score of 690. Since Citibank is not reporting either the credit limit or max credit, it basically shows 0 revolving credit now.  I've read around a bit and see that you may be able to send the CRA's a bill that shows your credit line so it appears on your credit report. Anybody have any success with this?  All 3 agencies?  And yes, I do need to get another card or two, but I'd like to get this resolved before I apply for another.

Thanks

Message Edited by theangular1 on 06-08-2009 05:18 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fixing an unreported credit limit, max credit, credit card

No, the CRA's will not accept your statement as information to update your report.  They only include information provided by the creditor, directly from the creditor.  The only thing you can use documents for is to dispute, but this is still only a dispute.  They will request verification of the account and info from the creditor.  They will report whatever they creditor replies with, or they will delete it if they don't reply.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is an anachronism of credit scoring that FICO does not score revolving credit with a CL of above around $30K.

If you have an account with CITI that has that high a CL, and you now have low % util on that card, I would suspect they would bend over backwards to do whatever they can to listen to your needs, and help you get your account reported to the CRAs. I would call them.  You are clearly a valued customer that they dont want to lose.

Put the ball in their court.....

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info/suggestions.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.