cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Followed simulator's advice to get to 720, but no results?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Followed simulator's advice to get to 720, but no results?

Shnapple wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As of today, these two small amounts totalling $72 are gone now (I paid them), and all four of  the cards should report at zero balances in the next cycle. I just hope my score will get to the promised land by then.

This may not be your ideal situation. From what I understand, it's best to leave at least 1-2 cards reporting a total of 1-9% utilization to get your optimal score.

Agree! With only four cards, I'd let just one report a nominal amount. I lost 4-6 points when I experimented with having all report $0, and another member (with higher scores) posted that he --I think it was a he --lost more than that.

Be sure to remember to pay it off after it does report.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Followed simulator's advice to get to 720, but no results?

Thank you for the advice, Schnapple and Hauling. I'll do it. Would never have thought of it. But if that's how credit score boosting is played, must learn the fine points of the game.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.