Did you mean: 

For optimal scoring - Installment loans

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: For optimal scoring - Installment loans

@Anonymous wrote:

Big hit?  Little hit??

I misread your question, I thought it was an auto loan.

I don't know about leases.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 21 of 27
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@s_haliz wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to have a perfect FICO even without an intallment loan (like car loan).....I don't have car loan....

All you have showing on your report are credit cards? No mortgage, no loans of any type?

Small mortgage - Yes. But that is not "installment loan"..... Installament loan usually points to "auto loan"......Which I don't have....

Yes it is Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a difference betweena loan and a lease with respect to scoring.  My lease is for 42 months and will show an intial balance of approx 60K

Gregg

Message 23 of 27
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a difference betweena loan and a lease with respect to scoring.  My lease is for 42 months and will show an intial balance of approx 60K

Gregg

I don't think there is a difference. Your score will be influenced by the ration of remaining balance to the original 60k.  To avoid the negative impact of the loan it will have to age a few months and drop below 80% utilization. 

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks....just wanted to prepare for the hit.....didnt know how big it would be...have worked so hard to get my credit back...psychologically dont know if I am prepared to see a 30 point drop.....Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 27
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Your scores are solid.  It shouldn't drop more than a few points, and it will only be very temporary.   In the long run have the installment history will benefit your score.  

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Smiley Happy  Appreciate it

Gregg Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.