Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Newbie

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forum Newbie

Hello All,

I have spent the last hour or so reading the many post in this forum, I was so impressed I decided to join.  You can spend weeks reading all the good information. I am hoping you experts can help me out with the below:

1.)    Is there a way to find out from the credit Bureau why your credit score fall?

My fico was 700 points, then suddenly fell to 690, I always pay my statement balance in full on all 3 of my credit cards, no matter the amount.

2.)    How will your score be affected by not carrying a balance on any of your credit cards for 2 or 3 months.?  And what about only making small purchases every month?

I am pretty good at managing my money, I don’t really have to make purchases on my cc’s but was advised that I should make at least 1 purchase on each card every month, just to have a purchase history, so basically I buy my groceries, pay my cell bill and car insurance with my cc. instead of cutting a check or using my bank debit cards.

3.)    Is it true that each time you access your credit information via monthly credit monitoring membership such as Score Watch it affects your score or is shown as an inquiry?

I have access to my fico score through my bank, but I have no idea what my individual scores are from the 3 credit bureaus. I wanted to purchasing Score Watch, but did not because of the concern I listed and also because it does not give me the 3 bureaus, It only give it for EQ.

Thanks to all in advance for your reply

N.O

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forum Newbie

Some fluctuation in FICO scores is normal. If your scores TREND downwards over time, or you get a sudden drop over 20 points, then you probably want to pull your scores.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forum Newbie

Statement balances are usually reported so if your balance at the time of the statement was high in relation to your credit limit, that could drop your score, among other things. I've noticed a drop when my utilization goes up to 20 or 30% even though I pay in full. So pay your CC balance off right before the statement is posted. Pulling your own reports or credit scores don't affect your score and do not count as an inquiry. As you may have guessed it can help explain little blips like that.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.