Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free FICO scorers from credit union

tag
TopCat99
Valued Member

Re: Free FICO scorers from credit union

I was just as happy--and just as skeptical--when I saw "FICO® Score" pop up in online banking.  I've only gotten the score for two months (all the longer it's been available) and just let me say that my myFICO EX FICO and my PSECU EX FICO were within four points of each other last time, and 12 points before that.  Both times, there was about two weeks between each pull.  I attribute the bigger spread for the first one to a CA updating the DOLA after a payment between pulls.

If anyone wants even more proof than already discussed here, there is always the footnote on the report that says "Information provided by Experian and Fair Isaac® Corp" and that "More products from myFICO.com" sidebar on the report itself complete with graphics just like those you find here Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent.  Proof at last!  Sounds great......
Message 32 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Boscoe wrote:

I know that our "reliable source" will be terribly relieved to know that he was right after all.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 38
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Boscoe wrote:
Whew, that was close. I was beginning to get worried...

NOT!!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 38
itzateach
Regular Contributor

My sister and brother in law bought a car over the weekend and had their credit pulled.They made sure it was NOT auto enhanced just a straight FICO score. He had 842 and she had 840. I believe it....he is a super Fico achiever, no lates ever, nothing derog ever, long credit history (wells fargo since it was created i am sure - Lol at least the 70's), etc. Got the 3.9 percent financing and walked out with the car. I was so jealous when she told me her score!! The reason they are so close in scores? My little sister is very naive about money. He has always taken care of the finances and their credit history is a duplicate of each others!

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just cause you guys are mods does not give you license to bash away, you know.  But I'll stop there.  Don't want anyone to misread my "tone".

Everyone used to be so friendly here.  What ever happened?  Someone offers a dissenting voice to encourage discussion and BAM!  He's a bad egg.

Message 36 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Boscoe wrote:

Just cause you guys are mods does not give you license to bash away, you know.  But I'll stop there.  Don't want anyone to misread my "tone".

Everyone used to be so friendly here.  What ever happened?  Someone offers a dissenting voice to encourage discussion and BAM!  He's a bad egg.

No, it's just that if someone asks a question, and for once, we're able to give a definitive answer, instead of our usual educated guesses (or demented ramblings), it's pretty exasperating to be continually questioned and challenged on it.

I mean, good Lord, ByrdMan posted a link from Barry saying that they were FICO scores. Unless someone went rummaging through the credit union CEO's trash can for scribbled notes, I really don't know what more you could have wanted as an answer.

I don't mind a bit being contradicted by those who have had an experience different from something I posted. And when this happens, I try to immediately post an oops, sorry, thanks for the correction.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 37 of 38
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Boscoe, I have been proven wrong scores of times on these forums...big deal. I live with it or post a correction. Oh well, the member got helped, and that's what matters most. But, Barry posted that these are real and you only believed it when another poster, who could've been lying (not saying that you were poster, I totally believe you), but you believe that, just because he said so. Yet, Mr. FICO himself says it's real and you scoff at it. That is exasperating and out of line.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.