Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 800+ to Foreclosur​e - How Negatives Affect Your Score

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: From 800+ to Foreclosure - How Negatives Effect Your Score

Decided to buy a full report from Experian and Equifax from MyFICO since my 60 day late is now reporting and noticed about a 70 point drop on those two.  I updated my original post with all the "flavors" that MyFICO is now giving us Smiley Happy  I will update with scores I get from Amex, Discover and DCU at 90 days, 150 days, etc. and buy a full report from MyFICO at 120 days, 180 days, etc.

FICO Scores as of 01/2015 - 30 Days Late Reporting:

EQ04 - 697  / /  EX08 - 702 / /  TU08 - 705

FICO Scores as of 02/2015 - 60 Days Late Reporting (all scoring models):

Equifax 04 - 626                                                           

Equifax 08 - 633                Experian8 - 629                  TU08 - 640

EQ Home - 626                 EX Home- 651

EQ Auto 8 - 641                EX Auto 8 - 640

EQ Auto 5 - 658                EX Auto 2 - 682

EQ Bank8 - 652                EX Bank8 - 652

EQ Bank5 - 653                EX Bank2 - 691

Message 31 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

Thank you once again for your willingness to share this information.  I know what you are going through is very painful.  I was just thinking about this last night and was wondering what the latest was.  

It will be interesting to see what happens at 90 days.  If I remember correctly, it was at 90 days when my scores really took a beating.  

Do you plan on providing updates through the months after the foreclosure is complete?  I know you are aware that my scores actually began to rebound quicker than I thought they would once everything finalized.  I hope you will continue to share with us!  

Once again, very sorry about what you are going through, but appreciate your sharing the journey with us.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 32 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Thank you once again for your willingness to share this information.  I know what you are going through is very painful.  I was just thinking about this last night and was wondering what the latest was.  

It will be interesting to see what happens at 90 days.  If I remember correctly, it was at 90 days when my scores really took a beating.  

Do you plan on providing updates through the months after the foreclosure is complete?  I know you are aware that my scores actually began to rebound quicker than I thought they would once everything finalized.  I hope you will continue to share with us!  

Once again, very sorry about what you are going through, but appreciate your sharing the journey with us.  

Since I get EX08, TU08, and EQ04 for free every month, I will continue to update this thread probably for at least the next 9 months.  I don't think I will spend the $35 every month to buy a new report from EX & EQ to get all the FICO flavors though. (then again, maybe I will ?!)

ETA - Let's hope 90 days isn't any worse than the 30 days and 60 days... I already lost 100 points and 70 points, respectively!

Message 33 of 208
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

This is so crazy how much a derog can affect your score.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 34 of 208
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your story.  The exact same thing happened to my friend.  Wife up and left and he couldn't sell the house or do anything without her cooperation.  Neither could he change the banking account they had together which had direct deposits!  He just got out of debt consolidation right around that time.  It's a good thing you are already into monitoring your credit, the one thing he wasn't.

It's amazing how difficult the climb is but one late payment can cause you to tumble!  Great that you got your head up. Wish you the best and looking forward to seeing your updates!

Message 35 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

It's about that time again for an update.  Equifax still isn't reporting the latest and greatest so you will have to settle with Experian and Transunion only.  I will provide another update within the week so we can get Equifax scores posted Smiley Happy

90 Days late reporting - Not much has changed...

FICO Scores as of 02/2015 - 60 Days Late Reporting (all scoring models):

Equifax 04 - 626                                                           

Equifax 08 - 633                Experian8 - 629                  TU08 - 640

EQ Home - 626                 EX Home- 651

EQ Auto 8 - 641                EX Auto 8 - 640

EQ Auto 5 - 658                EX Auto 2 - 682

EQ Bank8 - 652                EX Bank8 - 652

EQ Bank5 - 653                EX Bank2 - 691

FICO Scores as of 03/2015 - 90 Days Late Reporting (all scoring models):

Equifax 04 - XXX                                                          

Equifax 08 - XXX               Experian8- 630            Trans 08  - 640

EQ Home - XXX                EX Home - 638            TU Home - 648

EQ Auto 8 - XXX               EX Auto 8 - 641           TU Auto8 -  646

EQ Auto 5 - XXX               EX Auto 2 - 670           TU Auto4 -  661

EQ Bank8 - XXX               EX Bank8 - 653           TU Bank8 - 662

EQ Bank5 - XXX               EX Bank2 - 669           TU Bank4 - 662

Message 36 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

Very interesting!   I am surprised that there really is not much of a difference between 60-day and 90-day late.  It will be interesting to see if Equifax also shows minimal change when those TL's and scores update.  

Are you thinking that you may have seen the worst of it now based on these minimal changes, or could their be a slap when the 120's hit?  Just wondering what you expect from here.  

Thanks again for keeping us updated.  Very interesting road.   Looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few months, including when you begin recovery.  

Thanks again!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 37 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Very interesting!   I am surprised that there really is not much of a difference between 60-day and 90-day late.  It will be interesting to see if Equifax also shows minimal change when those TL's and scores update.  

Are you thinking that you may have seen the worst of it now based on these minimal changes, or could their be a slap when the 120's hit?  Just wondering what you expect from here.  

Thanks again for keeping us updated.  Very interesting road.   Looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few months, including when you begin recovery.  

Thanks again!  

FICO damage report shows I should only drop between 140 - 160 points with a foreclosure.  I have already surpassed that number so I don't really see how much more damage can be done.  As you can see, my FICO08 increased one point once the 90 day late was reported.  I don't have enough data points yet but I am starting to wonder if FICO starts ignoring subsequent lates on a single account versus single 30 days late across multiple accounts? 

Message 38 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

You may have a very good point in regard to this just being one account, vs. multiple accounts.  It does appear that perhaps most of the pain has been done, like you said, with at least one scoring model even showing the increase of a point.  

It will be interesting to see what takes place with your scores once the balance on the account goes to $0.  If I remember correctly, that is when I started seeing nice gains in the following months.  

How is it going with the mortgage company?  Just curious if you are in touch with them or are they calling a few times a day?  

Thanks again for your willingness to share this journey!  

Message 39 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

You may have a very good point in regard to this just being one account, vs. multiple accounts.  It does appear that perhaps most of the pain has been done, like you said, with at least one scoring model even showing the increase of a point.  

It will be interesting to see what takes place with your scores once the balance on the account goes to $0.  If I remember correctly, that is when I started seeing nice gains in the following months.  

How is it going with the mortgage company?  Just curious if you are in touch with them or are they calling a few times a day?  

Thanks again for your willingness to share this journey!  

At what point point does the balance go to $0?  The simulator said I should be back around 730 in 2 years. 

As for as the mortgage company... I have about 300+ robo-calls that have all been placed on the rejected list and were sent to voice-mail

Message 40 of 208
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.