Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 800+ to Foreclosur​e - How Negatives Affect Your Score

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: From 800+ to Foreclosure - How Negatives Effect Your Score

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

UNRELATED NOTE: Just wanted to say WOW.  I saw this thread was the first link from the FICO email I received a couple days ago and the page view blew up from 4000 to 15000+ in the course of a couple days Smiley Surprised

I saw that e-mail as well.  You are a celebrity!!   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 111 of 208
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Yea, I would have had so much more $ if I just rented the entire time then just wasting it on the mortgage!

I wasnt trying to be rude or judge you, I meant no disrespect, I apologize if you took it that way.... 

I truly wish you the best..

TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 112 of 208
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Scores be damned.  Sometimes we have to make a clean financial decision for ourselves.  Kudo's to you for making that decision.  Everything WILL turn around.

Message 113 of 208
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your posts have given me hope, I have been following for a while! 

My foreclosure (thanks to my ex) finally finished after 2.5 years.  I was "lucky" that for some reason the 1st mortgage was completely deleted from my reports for an unknown reason about 4 months ago leaving only a second mortage reporting as late.  The second mortgage has just updated to PAID/$0 balance with no notation of foreclosure....so it just looks like I didn't pay for a couple of years.

Your results make me hopeful for a steady climb upwards now.  I have MANY more lates reported since they took their sweet time to finish the forclosure so it will be interesting to see if mine climbs at a similar rate as yours!

Message 114 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My foreclosure (thanks to my ex) finally finished after 2.5 years.  I was "lucky" that for some reason the 1st mortgage was completely deleted from my reports for an unknown reason about 4 months ago leaving only a second mortage reporting as late.  The second mortgage has just updated to PAID/$0 balance with no notation of foreclosure....so it just looks like I didn't pay for a couple of years.

Your results make me hopeful for a steady climb upwards now.  I have MANY more lates reported since they took their sweet time to finish the forclosure so it will be interesting to see if mine climbs at a similar rate as yours!

I wish to heck my 1st mortgage foreclosure would get deleted!  Smiley Happy   Congratulations!  

There is certainly hope in regard to scores following a foreclosure, as Jager's scores are showing.  I, too, when through a foreclosure that completed about 2-1/2 years.  While I wish my scores were higher, I am thankful that they are where they are (below).  

Congrats on your rebuild and keep up the great work!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 115 of 208
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish to heck my 1st mortgage foreclosure would get deleted!  Smiley Happy   Congratulations!  

There is certainly hope in regard to scores following a foreclosure, as Jager's scores are showing.  I, too, when through a foreclosure that completed about 2-1/2 years.  While I wish my scores were higher, I am thankful that they are where they are (below).  

Congrats on your rebuild and keep up the great work!  

Thanks!

I am hovering around 630-640 right now.  However, my utl is not ideal right now.  Once that comes down in the next couple months, I really hope to see upper 600's.  I was fortunate to be able to get a couple decent credit cards and a few store cards about 6-8 months ago to beef up my positive history.

Only up from here!

Message 116 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On the upside, your foreclosure is much older than mine and will be dropping off in 5 years.  Since your balance finally hit $0, I'm sure you'll be seeing upper 600s once your utilizaiton drops! Smiley Happy

Message 117 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Decided to check out Credit Check Total and while I do not care too much for the layout, it does provide FICO8 scores and full credit reports.  Here are the scores for the month:

FICO Scores as of 06/2015 - Foreclosure Finalized/$0 balance:                                         ​         

Equifax 08 - 673               Experian8- 655            Trans 08  - 663

Equifax 04 - 645

FICO Scores as of 07/2015 - 1 Month Post-Foreclosure                                       ​         

Equifax 08 - 682               Experian8- 662            Trans 08  - 674

Equifax 04 - 662

I doubt I will keep CCT and I probably won't re-subscribe to MyFICO either since I already get EX08 and TU08 free.  Just wish I could get EQ08 free from somewhere to add to the EQ04 score!

Message 118 of 208
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Decided to check out Credit Check Total and while I do not care too much for the layout, it does provide FICO8 scores and full credit reports.  Here are the scores for the month:

FICO Scores as of 06/2015 - Foreclosure Finalized/$0 balance:                                         ​         

Equifax 08 - 673               Experian8- 655            Trans 08  - 663

Equifax 04 - 645

FICO Scores as of 07/2015 - 1 Month Post-Foreclosure                                       ​         

Equifax 08 - 682               Experian8- 662            Trans 08  - 674

Equifax 04 - XXX

I doubt I will keep CCT and I probably won't re-subscribe to MyFICO either since I already get EX08 and TU08 free.  Just wish I could get EQ08 free from somewhere to add to the EQ04 score!

Bah count yourself lucky that you get EX for free Smiley Happy.  Other than opening a Slate that Chase keeps projectile vomiting offers for into my mailbox, I've pretty much given up home of Amex getting off their ass and offering the scores to more people.   Frankly not happy with either lender as they're trying to apparently make additional money off this when FICO's goal was to have them given away for free to consumers. 

One of the few times where I can't whitewash it as that's just business.

        
Message 119 of 208
taxi818
Super Contributor

Like you canceling all other services. As stated. Experian from Amex. Tu from discover. Now Equifax from citi. Albeit the 08 bank card version. I will take it. It's free. Meaning all scores now free. Btw. I know there is a 5 to 10 point difference in my normal fico 08 from EQ. To bank card. But bank card score always higher.
Message 120 of 208
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.