FICO Scores as of 02/2017

Equifax 04 - 704            Experian8- 699         Trans 08  - 706

FICO Scores as of 03/2017

Equifax 04 - 704            Experian8- 701         Trans 08  - 707

Message 161 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: From 800+ to Foreclosur​e - How Negatives Affect Your Score

Thanks for the update!  I was actually thinking about you last week, wondering what the latest was with your scores/recovery.  It will be interesting to see how much additional time will need to go by to see more improvement. 

Thanks again!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 162 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Thanks for the update!  I was actually thinking about you last week, wondering what the latest was with your scores/recovery.  It will be interesting to see how much additional time will need to go by to see more improvement. 

Thanks again!  

If you look at the first post on this thread, I update it monthly.  I just don't make additional posts on here since there are no major changes, in case you ever wanted to check Smiley Wink

Message 163 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

Thanks! I am going to check the original post regularly, as I have been following your success!

As you know, my scores have hardly moved at all in about three years since I've been recovering from the foreclosure. TU FICO 8 did throw me a small bone a couple of weeks ago! I had thought 739 was absolutely the highest possible score in my current derog bucket, however I got movement to 740. It will be interesting to see if FICO 8 can go much higher, with the major baddie still showing. All my FICO 9 scores are still around 785 to 790.

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 164 of 208
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

With all you're going through you're staying positive and that's good school will probably keep your mind offf things

Message 165 of 208
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strength in patience. Thanks for continuing to update us. I followed your story when I was a lurker! Heart

Message 166 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

Hey Jager, 

Just wanted to check in with you.  Hope the recovery is still going well!  As you know, I have been following your progress closely, as we have similarities.  

I am proud to say that I should just be a matter of months from clean reports.  My foreclosure, as well as the CC settlement, are set to fall off by fall of this year.  I am hoping to achieve some EE love around summer.  It will be interesting to see what my scores do at that time.  

Hope all is well for you!

EW

Message 167 of 208
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Kudos to you Jager.  You saw the HELL coming, formulated a plan and stuck to it.  Thanks for sharing your story and progress.  Best of luck to you.  HOOAH!!

Message 168 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Hey Jager, 

Just wanted to check in with you.  Hope the recovery is still going well!  As you know, I have been following your progress closely, as we have similarities.  

I am proud to say that I should just be a matter of months from clean reports.  My foreclosure, as well as the CC settlement, are set to fall off by fall of this year.  I am hoping to achieve some EE love around summer.  It will be interesting to see what my scores do at that time.  

EW

Sorry, I haven't been on the forums in a few months - started a new job and was going to school at the same time!  However, I just updated the front page with the latest and greatest scores.  I still have another 4 years before my foreclosure drops off, but once you get your dropped, maybe I will start asking for early exclusion - like real early, ha! I would think that your scores would jump above 800 once your negatives drop off, so defintely let me know what happens!

Message 169 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

Hey Jager, 

EW

Sorry, I haven't been on the forums in a few months - started a new job and was going to school at the same time!  However, I just updated the front page with the latest and greatest scores.  I still have another 4 years before my foreclosure drops off, but once you get your dropped, maybe I will start asking for early exclusion - like real early, ha! I would think that your scores would jump above 800 once your negatives drop off, so defintely let me know what happens!

Yes, I absolutely will keep you in the loop!

I agree that I should shoot over 800 when the baddies fall off.  I believe I mentioned to you some time ago that for some reason the foreclosure never hit my wife's credit reports.  Everything else is pretty much the same, other than one credit card that she has that is just in her name.  Her FICO 8 scores are in the 825-830 range, so I hope to join her in that beautiful neighborhood later this year.  

Thanks for staying in touch!  I will always be watching your journey with interest as well!  

Message 170 of 208
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.