Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 800+ to Foreclosur​e - How Negatives Affect Your Score

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: From 800+ to Foreclosure - How Negatives Effect Your Score

@sparklerd34 wrote:

I could tell you all some stories of house my husband who is bipolor pawned, took money out of accounts etc. when the time came i had to leave my apartment for weeks to get him to leave because its illegal to change locks. I had to do it for my safety. Basically cannot take him of health insurance and have to pay 300 or more a month and no support for the 1700 day care bill for our kid. So truly its not fair for anyone. All i can say if I ever get married again PRENUP! you leave with what you came with and always seperate accounts. Its sounds mean and heartless but thats my story.  My present is 120% better than my past and grateful to be alive and safe

Yes, that sounds like you got the bad end of the stick!  As far as the insurance goes, is that your company's policy or what?  In regards to a prenup, keep in mind that only applies to everything before you were to get married and if you are in a community property state, even separate accounts aren't legally considered separate! 

On an unrelated note - I removed the EQ 04 scores from the main posting because I realized that EQ04 = EQ Home score.  No point in posting the exact same score twice Smiley Happy

Message 71 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Wanted to post an update:  I am going to cancel my 3B monitoring with MyFICO before it renews.  I get TU08 via Discover, EX08 via Amex and EQ04 via DCU for free so I will just be posting those scores.  All 3 of those scores cut at the end of the month while my foreclosure updates at the beginning.  So all my score updates will be about 3 weeks behind.  Is there any company out there that gives the plain ole EQ08 (no enhanced model) for free? 

In other news, TU08 has jumped 8 points while EQ08 has jumped 4 points from last posting Smiley Happy

Message 72 of 208
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Wanted to post an update:  I am going to cancel my 3B monitoring with MyFICO before it renews.  I get TU08 via Discover, EX08 via Amex and EQ04 via DCU for free so I will just be posting those scores.  All 3 of those scores cut at the end of the month while my foreclosure updates at the beginning.  So all my score updates will be about 3 weeks behind.  Is there any company out there that gives the plain ole EQ08 (no enhanced model) for free? 

In other news, TU08 has jumped 8 points while EQ08 has jumped 4 points from last posting Smiley Happy

I don't think so but for the record I think DCU's score is really the benchmark worth tracking: biggest "post foreclosure" population we have on this forum is people searching for mortgages.  

Lucky bastard re: Amex FICO Smiley Happy.  I keep getting Chase Slate offers in the mail with Free EX FICO! splashed across the envelope and today I started thinking of reasons I might be able to use the card =/.

Interesting that a month on your scores are starting to bounce a little bit, anything in your profile change other than age?  I did see a large difference at the six month mark between FICO 8 and FICO 04 (DCU) after I'd gotten a tax lien tacked onto my file and then I dragged my feet getting it airstruck.

        
Message 73 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

I don't think so but for the record I think DCU's score is really the benchmark worth tracking: biggest "post foreclosure" population we have on this forum is people searching for mortgages.  

Lucky bastard re: Amex FICO Smiley Happy.  I keep getting Chase Slate offers in the mail with Free EX FICO! splashed across the envelope and today I started thinking of reasons I might be able to use the card =/.

Interesting that a month on your scores are starting to bounce a little bit, anything in your profile change other than age?  I did see a large difference at the six month mark between FICO 8 and FICO 04 (DCU) after I'd gotten a tax lien tacked onto my file and then I dragged my feet getting it airstruck.

Revelate, I completely forgot that most lenders pull EQ04 for mortgages so I guess it might be best this way Smiley Happy  (Also another Smiley Happy for Amex FICO)

In regards to credit profile, I just maintain around 1-3% overall utilization while individual never goes above 5% on any card.  Right now, I have 3 cards out of 5 reporting a balance as well.  (Since my 6th card is a hidden TL, I never really count that even if a balance does report)  I don't think # of balances cause that much impact when your file isn't clean.

Message 74 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

BIG UPDATE!! From 800+ to Foreclosure - How Negatives Effect Your Score

BIG UPDATE!

Just got an alert that my mortgage is now reporting a $0 balance, meaning my past due amount is now $0!  And I got a 33 point bump EQ and a 12 point bump from EX!!!  Check it out!!!

EX Update.png

EQ Update.png

Message 75 of 208
EW800
Valued Contributor

Outstanding!! Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to know you are beyond the ugliest part!

If I remember correctly, having $0 balance report benefitted me as well and just continued up from that point! You are recovering quickly!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 76 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@EW800 wrote:
Outstanding!! Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to know you are beyond the ugliest part!

If I remember correctly, having $0 balance report benefitted me as well and just continued up from that point! You are recovering quickly!

Oh yes quite amazing!  I am creeping up on 700 just 6 months out! 

I was amazed how fast the foreclosure happened and now it's completely over with.  Now, to recover my losses from the other person...

Message 77 of 208
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Revelate, I completely forgot that most lenders pull EQ04 for mortgages so I guess it might be best this way Smiley Happy  (Also another Smiley Happy for Amex FICO)

In regards to credit profile, I just maintain around 1-3% overall utilization while individual never goes above 5% on any card.  Right now, I have 3 cards out of 5 reporting a balance as well.  (Since my 6th card is a hidden TL, I never really count that even if a balance does report)  I don't think # of balances cause that much impact when your file isn't clean.

Not much but maybe play with it a bit?  I'm likely going to start a new thread from my own 1/9 vs 2/9 balances one where we can just get people with various numbers of cards to volunteer data points on up / down on whatever score card they use.  It'd be interesting to see with your smaller number as well as 3/5 is more than 1 half, I'd estimate you'd get steps both at the 1 and 2 cards reporting, probably only 3ish points each but it would be useful datapoints.

Congratulations on the jump from having it now report $0!

        
Message 78 of 208
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Not much but maybe play with it a bit?  I'm likely going to start a new thread from my own 1/9 vs 2/9 balances one where we can just get people with various numbers of cards to volunteer data points on up / down on whatever score card they use.  It'd be interesting to see with your smaller number as well as 3/5 is more than 1 half, I'd estimate you'd get steps both at the 1 and 2 cards reporting, probably only 3ish points each but it would be useful datapoints.

Revelate, now that I think about it, I am actually at 3/5 cards reporting a balance.  However, once a statement cuts in a couple days I will be down to 2/5 reporting.   With that said, I can be at 4/5 reporting a balance at the end of the month if needed.

Message 79 of 208
taxi818
Super Contributor

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Revelate, now that I think about it, I am actually at 3/5 cards reporting a balance.  However, once a statement cuts in a couple days I will be down to 2/5 reporting.   With that said, I can be at 4/5 reporting a balance at the end of the month if needed.

I can say for certain I have experimented with this issue several times. And have noticed. It s mainly on Equifax that it does have affect. Ex and tu not so much. 

The threshold for them see to be 50%. If half your cards have a balance. Even $2 balance. Will lose 4 points. Soon as that reports 0 score will go back up. 19 revolving accounts if 8 show balance. Regardless of percentage. Score goes down. Best results 1 account with balance. But unrealistic. What's the point of having credit if not using it. I resign myself to let the ebb and flow happen. And if I need to apply for something major. Then it's paydown time. 

Message 80 of 208
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.