cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From someone who knows; Why is my scorewatch score I get from Equifax on their website

tag
Mindnumb
New Contributor

From someone who knows; Why is my scorewatch score I get from Equifax on their website

20 points lower than the Equifax score I pull from MyFico?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: From someone who knows; Why is my scorewatch score I get from Equifax on their website

my score I get from FICO is 52 points lower then Equifax directly, and I sure would like to know why.

Right now I have about 6 different scores from the 3 agencies that vary by more then 150 points.

I am left with more disgust than anything. I have no idea what a lender actually gets so how the heck do you fix it? If all of the scores that the agencies give you directly are NOT what a lender gets when they pull your credit, then the agencies are stealing my money in my opinion.

I have scores that run from 679 to 522. Although the reports are a bit different they are all substantially the same - certainly not enough to account for the massive difference.

I think the agencies and FICO are all doing their own thing with little regard for the consumer. They are, after all paid by the lenders and there seems to be some incentive to keeping people confused - again just my opinion.
Message 2 of 9
Mindnumb
New Contributor

Re: From someone who knows; Why is my scorewatch score I get from Equifax on their website

I have score watch and monitoring all three CR bureaus with Equifax.
A monthly review of my service shows it has not reported a TransUnion hard pull and it gives me a lower score than I get from MyFICO.

I give them a 30 day late (on the late TransUnion reporting), soon to go 60 days. Their Credit(ability) has dropped 100 points and next Thursday drops another 100. When I call them after 120 days, I will report it as a collection and in a perfect world, would so damage their credibility, they could only sell their report to developing countries and a deep discount.

Equifax would be welcome to report any errors in my report by calling me at (800) *&^-32@!. or they can send their request in writing to Fair Play Reporting, General Delivery, New York City, NY.

But don't ask my formula, its a secret!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mindnumb wrote:
20 points lower than the Equifax score I pull from MyFico?

Is your EQ score pulled from Equifax ScoreWatch?

Message 4 of 9
Mindnumb
New Contributor

Yes. They are usually the same, but there is apparently some delay with Score Watch. It is FICO and not FAKO right?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should be the same.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mindnumb wrote:
Yes. They are usually the same, but there is apparently some delay with Score Watch. It is FICO and not FAKO right?

If one score comes from EQ SW, and the other from MF SW, then they should be the same from both CRAs. However, one may not be updating as fast as the other.
Message 7 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mindnumb wrote:

If one score comes from EQ SW, and the other from MF SW, then they should be the same from both CRAs. However, one may not be updating as fast as the other.

At most two days later in most cases I found one day or even later the same day. Depending on who reports what when it might make a difference but over the course of time you would need to be a fortune teller to tell when the scores would differ at all.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico is so far behind in updating anything its unbelievable....I get alerts 2 weeks after the fact but with EX and TU i get alerts like 1 to 2 days. but to the OP your EQ SW should be the same as MF SW.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.