Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny error when trying to sign up for USAA Credit Monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny error when trying to sign up for USAA Credit Monitoring

So I tried USAA's credit monitoring a few months ago when it only monitored Ex and when I went to sign up for the new upgraded version I received:

Unfortunately, Experian did not return any data when we submitted the information you entered on your order form. This may be because they have no credit record for you (for example, if you have had no previous credit relationships or have recently moved to the United States from abroad) or the information you supplied did not match the information in their database. 

If you think it's possible that the information did not match, please contact our Customer Care Representatives toll free at 1-866-751-1320, Monday-Friday 7:30am-9:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm Central Time, or email 
creditcheckhelp@experiandirect.com 

Thank you for your patience. We appreciate your business!

I guess I've been erased from the credit world! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Funny error when trying to sign up for USAA Credit Monitoring

Oh, you newbies....

Hey, maybe that means all your bills have disappeared, too. No more balances! When your cc wants payment, just tell them you don't exist.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am getting the same error while trying to access my Experian scores. I need to buy a car and I think this has been screwing up my chances. I have had credit cards for a couple of years now and no idea why I cannot access my Experian score online. 

Any hints on how you fixed this issue?

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Ash

Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am getting the same error while trying to access my Experian scores. I need to buy a car and I think this has been screwing up my chances. I have had credit cards for a couple of years now and no idea why I cannot access my Experian score online. 

Any hints on how you fixed this issue?

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Ash

Where are you pulling from to get the EX report? BTW, don't try to get the EX scores as they are not FICO scores.

Message 4 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I s the name and address and SSN are the same as what you have used when you have applied for credit before?  Also,  is that name  and  address used the same as what  your creditors have on file for you?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was trying to get the Credit Report from Experian.com and freecreditreport.com. I am trying to check it because I was planning to buy a mazda car and the website points to Experian while mentioning credit report. I have a FICO score of around 715 for transunion and around 680 for Equifax. I am constantly getting rejections for an auto loan of 22K. Aren't these scores good enough?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.. All the information is correct just as on Credit records. Does this mean there is a freeze on my report? Could that be a reason?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What scores do they check for an Auto Loan? FICO or FAKO? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
GypsyGal
Established Member

Truecredit gives a "FAKO" score.... so it's not the FICO score.... 

FAKO scores appear higher because they use a different range of numbers.... I used Truecredit for a while to learn when my cards report to the credit bureaus... not for scores... One part of TrueCredit scores gives an alpha grade like they used to use in school A-F... So look at your letter grade to see where that falls on TrueCredit....

Mt "guesstimate" is that a 715 FAKO score from TrueCredti is a "C" while a FICO of 715 from MyFico would be in the "B" range maybe. The FAKO score is "higher", makes people feel good, but is deceptive when you want to get a loan.

I track where I really stand by getting my scores here at MyFico.com.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the replies!

Ash

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.