cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB says TU is 576; myFICO says it is 676

tag
jcombel

GECRB says TU is 576; myFICO says it is 676

hello! wife wants a house in two years, so, we're rebuilding our credit. well, i'm rebuilding mine, she, an immigrant, is establishing some of her own.

i've got some negs on my report that should be gone by the end of 2014. that said, myFICO free trial score showed me a 678 equifax. using that as a basis, i apped for a Cap1 to get my first CC in a while, approved $1k.

also apped Amz Store card, for the variety and the nice terms on buying big items on amazon. that one was denied, citing a TU score of 576.

whoa, i said, so, i went ahead and shelled out $20 for the myFICO TU score. myFICO tells me it is 676. about the same issues that showed up on my equifax report.

i called GECRB's amazon number, and after waiting on hold a bit, they pretty much told me "take it up with TU."

plan on looking into finding a phone# for TU during lunch, but in the meanwhile, any ideas on what this means for me?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: GECRB says TU is 576; myFICO says it is 676

The score you received from GE is not a FICO score, so I wouldn't worry about it; many CC lenders use their own internal scoring models.

I would focus on the FICO scoring reasons and work to rebuild that way.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
jcombel

good point. to copy and paste the letter, it says "In addition, we also obtained an external credit score from the consumer reporting agency indicated above and used it in making our credit decision."

they never call it a FICO score. i suppose it is TU's FAKO. 

oh, well. having this Cap 1 card open, on time, and minorly utilized for a few months will help out with two of the the listed complaints of 

"LACK OF RECENT BANK/NATIONAL REVOLVING INFORMATION
 LACK OF RECENT REVOLVING ACCOUNT INFORMATION"

thanks for the pointer. i'll chill out and see again in six months Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 9
jcombel

mmm yes, copy and paste:

"Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850."

were you looking for a clue to what model they are using? i'm curious, obviously a newbie to credit management, but i like to learn new things Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That score range would be a FICO score.  They could have used a number of versions/models.

Yes that is what I was looking for lol.

Message 6 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yes, it is possible that this is a FICO score ~ but unless the creditor explicitly states that it is, we can't really know for certain.

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
Yes, it is possible that this is a FICO score ~ but unless the creditor explicitly states that it is, we can't really know for certain.

What other scores use that range?  Possibly the Vantage score.

Message 8 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

That's a good question ~ not 100% sure but I think there are some FAKOs with the same range as FiCO.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.