Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENERAL ELECTRIC FEDERAL EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GENERAL ELECTRIC FEDERAL EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION

long shot does this organization pull credit score if you are applying for a loan to consolidate credit cards ( Im not going to say that to them ) , does this credit union have a threshold to pull credit . ?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: GENERAL ELECTRIC FEDERAL EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION

I don't think I've ever seen anyone post about GE here.

In general, any time you apply for credit, in whatever form, you can expect a hard inq. (Being a CU, I would expect them to use EQ, but you might want to check WGMC and the other sites.) IF you already are an established customer, they MIGHT be willing to just soft you. (Note the IF and MIGHT.) I'd give them a call and tell them that you're thinking about getting a personal loan, and would it be a hard or soft.

If you're not already with them, then absolutely, it would be a hard. I don't even think there's a question of a threshold. If they didn't hard you, they would be irresponsible to their members. It would be like you being asked for a loan by a stranger, and whipping out your wallet and peeling off the 20's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.