Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter Experiences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letter Experiences

Amex removed a PIF chargeoff from 2002. Chase has twice denied my requesto to removed a CO paid in settlement from 2005.
Message 11 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I have tried to GW BOA on my account that went 30/60/90 after 10 years of perfect history.  No lates before or after this three month  period when my now ex-wife was burning anything that came to my address of record.  Anyway, I know you dont care about my personal situaation, but I thought that was the entire point of a GW letter. 
I have receieved two BS  responses back from BOA telling me that, regardesss of persnal circumstances,  it is ILLEGAL for them to remove a prior delinq unless it is formaly disputed and shown to have been in factual error.!  I guess that they did not read the part about grandmas cancer, ,my divorce and multiple relocations, with the ex-wife burning all correspondence sent to her in the short 3 month period of my delinquecies back in 2005.  I guess what BOA was telling me was that they put all GW letters in their circular file. 
So I now put all future busness with BOA in the same circular receptacle.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 06-29-2008 12:05 PM
Message 12 of 18
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I sent a GW to Chase a few days ago so I am reluctantly optimistic that they will remove my one 30 late that occurred after I got my new house and wasn't receiving all my mail.  I hope they will remove it because it is the only late payment I have made to them (or anyone, for that matter) in 3 years and when I got my statement the next month I paid in full (in fact, I accidentally over paid by almost $100).  So does anyone else have any GW experiences with Chase credit cards?
Message 13 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I request that an OP remove this thread .
I dont want to encourage GWs as a justif for a legit deliq.
Please remove this thread.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but GW exists for consumer relations.  That YOU don't like everyone's selfish reasons for wanting to take benefit of something that may improve their lives doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed.
Message 15 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Here is the last letter I received from BOA:

“While we understand and empathize with the circumstances surrounding the prior delinquency in your account, we are federally regulated to accurately report the status of all accounts.  We are required to maintain consistency with our Customers regarding requests to remove account delinquency.

“In your correspondence, you requested that Bank of America remove a delinquency reported to the national credit reporting agencies.  As no bank errors have been made concerning your payment history, the delinquency on your credit report is valid and will not be removed.”

In a nutshell, this says that they do not, as a matter of corporate policy, even entertain GW requests, period.

Message 16 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There have been success stories with BofA and GWs. Plenty in here anyway. Send again and again and again and again until they remove the derogs.

We just had our first confirmed GW success last week with the removal of 5 lates on a fairly recent CC acct. It had lates in '06 and closed in '06. The removed the lates by removing the entire TL! Fine by us.
Message 17 of 18
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I GWed Chase to have a 30 day late removed (from 01-08).  They agreed, and removed it.  Removing that one late was a 76 increase in my EX score!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.