Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letters.. a few questions...

tag
07sky04
Established Member

GW Letters.. a few questions...

I'm getting ready to mail out a bunch of GW and PFD letters to creditors on both mine and my hubby's credit reports.  On the accounts that we share (joint account) can I reference both of us and our info?  Or should I submit 2 separate letters?

Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get a response through the GW and PFD letters?  I'm hoping to clear up some of these old CC's that have 1 30 day late each in like 7 years total (all from 2003 or later) that have had perfect history in the last 4 years.  But I'd like it done quickly... as we're trying to buy a new house.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Letters.. a few questions...

One letter is fine for joint accounts.

They is no guarantee that you will even get a response.. But if you do it should be within 30 days.
Message 2 of 4
07sky04
Established Member

Thanks!!

And I should send the letters to the creditor's themselves, right?  Not the CRA?

This is my first time doing this whole GW/PFD thing.  I never realized how much crap was in my CR and want to clean it up.

Thanks!!
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

07sky04 wrote:
Thanks!!

And I should send the letters to the creditor's themselves, right?  Not the CRA?

This is my first time doing this whole GW/PFD thing.  I never realized how much crap was in my CR and want to clean it up.

Thanks!!

Correct.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.