Established Member
07sky04

GW Letters.. a few questions...

I'm getting ready to mail out a bunch of GW and PFD letters to creditors on both mine and my hubby's credit reports.  On the accounts that we share (joint account) can I reference both of us and our info?  Or should I submit 2 separate letters?

Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get a response through the GW and PFD letters?  I'm hoping to clear up some of these old CC's that have 1 30 day late each in like 7 years total (all from 2003 or later) that have had perfect history in the last 4 years.  But I'd like it done quickly... as we're trying to buy a new house.

Thanks!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: GW Letters.. a few questions...

One letter is fine for joint accounts.

They is no guarantee that you will even get a response.. But if you do it should be within 30 days.
Established Member
07sky04

Thanks!!

And I should send the letters to the creditor's themselves, right?  Not the CRA?

This is my first time doing this whole GW/PFD thing.  I never realized how much crap was in my CR and want to clean it up.

Thanks!!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

07sky04 wrote:
Thanks!!

And I should send the letters to the creditor's themselves, right?  Not the CRA?

This is my first time doing this whole GW/PFD thing.  I never realized how much crap was in my CR and want to clean it up.

Thanks!!

Correct.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}