Established Member
mesmommie

GW letter question

I am in the process of writing GW letters on our accounts.  I have one 30 day late payment on a Shell account that dates back to December of 2002.  Would you write a letter on this or since it almost 5 years old does it weigh much on the FICO score?  Most of our late items were in 2004 and I am really focusing on those since they are more current but was curious about something sold old.  Thanks.
Established Member
indyfree

Re: GW letter question

Personally, I would write a GW letter for any negative item on my report. I had great experience with an item on my report recently that I'd written a GW letter for (medical item that was paid in full). I'd say it can't hurt you to try.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}