New Contributor
caliking

GW letters really work...

When I first got on these boards I sent out GW's to most of my creditors to delete some late pays as well as started disputes with cra's. Got a few things corrected with the cra's but nothing on the GW's. Well, I'm pleased to report I now have 3 successes with GW's! The latest coming today from Citimortgage. I had a 30 day late from 2004. Resent them a gw in Sept. Just got a response from them today saying that they were removing the 30 day late and that it took up to 60 days to see the correction on my CR's. I don't know how much that 30 day late was hurting my scores but I'm happy it will soon be removed altogether. The other 2 gw successes came from Bloomingdale's removing 1 30 day late and the other from Macy's removing a 30 and 60 day late. Bringing both accts current never late. From the info I've learned on this site as well as listening to ClarkHoward, I've brought all 3 of my fico's from mid/high 500's to all 3 above 675 and I'm on my way to 700. I've also changed my spending habits considerably. Thanks so much myfico forums.
TransUnion712Date:10/09/2008/Equifax691Date:09/09/2008/Experian692Date:09/08/2008
Frequent Contributor
ChemGuy

Re: GW letters really work...

To whom did you address your letter to Bloomingdale's, and what was that address.  I intend to GW them to remove a charge off.  Stupid me opened the account for my wife, the account went south.  I paid it once I realized they charged off.  Believe it or not, they offered to reissue another card if I paid...wish I had known about PFD at the time.  Sure enough, they reissued once I paid.....
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Nice work caliking
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

[ Edited ]
Your experience is better than mine!  I wrote a lengthy GW letter to BOA requesting removal of a single late that occured over two years ago, with no lates whatsoever since then on any accounts.  I went into great detail explaining my divorce at the time, and that I moved, and did not get the bill, etc.  All the right sob stories.  They responded by saying that they were legally prohibited from removing a late than was not erroneously reported, and thus would not consider the circumstances.  We all know that this is BS, but that is the "legal" dismissal I was given by BOA!  Needless to say, BOA has lost my continued business!

Message Edited by RobertEG on 02-26-2008 01:48 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}