Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

GW letters really work...

When I first got on these boards I sent out GW's to most of my creditors to delete some late pays as well as started disputes with cra's. Got a few things corrected with the cra's but nothing on the GW's. Well, I'm pleased to report I now have 3 successes with GW's! The latest coming today from Citimortgage. I had a 30 day late from 2004. Resent them a gw in Sept. Just got a response from them today saying that they were removing the 30 day late and that it took up to 60 days to see the correction on my CR's. I don't know how much that 30 day late was hurting my scores but I'm happy it will soon be removed altogether. The other 2 gw successes came from Bloomingdale's removing 1 30 day late and the other from Macy's removing a 30 and 60 day late. Bringing both accts current never late. From the info I've learned on this site as well as listening to ClarkHoward, I've brought all 3 of my fico's from mid/high 500's to all 3 above 675 and I'm on my way to 700. I've also changed my spending habits considerably. Thanks so much myfico forums.
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW letters really work...

To whom did you address your letter to Bloomingdale's, and what was that address.  I intend to GW them to remove a charge off.  Stupid me opened the account for my wife, the account went south.  I paid it once I realized they charged off.  Believe it or not, they offered to reissue another card if I paid...wish I had known about PFD at the time.  Sure enough, they reissued once I paid.....
Moderator Emeritus

Nice work caliking
Epic Contributor

[ Edited ]
Your experience is better than mine!  I wrote a lengthy GW letter to BOA requesting removal of a single late that occured over two years ago, with no lates whatsoever since then on any accounts.  I went into great detail explaining my divorce at the time, and that I moved, and did not get the bill, etc.  All the right sob stories.  They responded by saying that they were legally prohibited from removing a late than was not erroneously reported, and thus would not consider the circumstances.  We all know that this is BS, but that is the "legal" dismissal I was given by BOA!  Needless to say, BOA has lost my continued business!

Message Edited by RobertEG on 02-26-2008 01:48 PM

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.