Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting HP's removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting HP's removed?

Examining my most recent reports and wondered if anyone felt it was easy to get HP's removed based on the following scenarios:

1.  In March I took (2) HP's buying my car.  The first was when I went to Acura Financial directly to get preapproved.  Then the next day the finance man at the dealership made another HP.  Could I possibly get one of these removed?  They are both EQ.

2.  I applied for a card with Wells Fargo in November.  I wasn't happy with the amount so made an in branch visit.  We were on the phone with the UW's and they said they would revie.  I IMMEDIATELY asked if it would be fresh HP and was told no because the report was less than 30 days old.  Well, bad on me for not looking harder but I know see (2) pulls from WF in November.  These both were EX only.  Possibly get one removed here?

I'll preface this with this is not to set me up for an app spree, I'm just trying my hardest here to gain the best credit profile I can.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting HP's removed?

@Anonymous wrote:

Examining my most recent reports and wondered if anyone felt it was easy to get HP's removed based on the following scenarios:

1.  In March I took (2) HP's buying my car.  The first was when I went to Acura Financial directly to get preapproved.  Then the next day the finance man at the dealership made another HP.  Could I possibly get one of these removed?  They are both EQ.

2.  I applied for a card with Wells Fargo in November.  I wasn't happy with the amount so made an in branch visit.  We were on the phone with the UW's and they said they would revie.  I IMMEDIATELY asked if it would be fresh HP and was told no because the report was less than 30 days old.  Well, bad on me for not looking harder but I know see (2) pulls from WF in November.  These both were EX only.  Possibly get one removed here?

I'll preface this with this is not to set me up for an app spree, I'm just trying my hardest here to gain the best credit profile I can.

For 1. no chance of removal they can run as many as they want. 2. I would contact their EO and tell them what you were told and ask for a GW removal of the 2nd inq. You dont ever want to dispute valid inquiries it can result in some unintended consequences and its something we would not advocate on My Fico. Good luck in getting your send WF inq taken care of Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.