ficonewb
Established Member

Getting Started

Hello Everyone

I just started to really work on my credit scores today. My scores are

EQ - 581
EX - 555
TU - 556

I have an AU CC acct that I can get removed, but for the most part I have alot of goodwill letters to send and 1 or 2 PFD. I sent my first goodwill letter today. Everyone keep your fingers crossed. I also sent a debt validation today (certified with rrr) hopefully things will perk up. Would anyone be willing to help me determine what things to GW and which to PFD. Thanks guys.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting Started

GW the paid baddies (late payments, collections, charge-offs and etc.) and PFD the unpaid
charge-offs, collections and etc. See the threads below.

Message 2 of 5
ficonewb
Established Member

Well, my first goodwill letter was denied. They said that they could not change any information. My first DV was sent and the office never responded. I sent it on August 8th and have not heard from them. What should I send now?
Message 3 of 5
checkach
Established Member

I am getting started as well.  My scores are in the low 500's. 
What is a goodwill letter?  Also, one of the reasons myh score is low is because of the amount of debt I have.  It seems that the student loans my ex and I consolidated show up as an individual debt of mine.  I understand that we are both responsible for this debt, but in our divorce decree, I am assigned only 37.5% of the responsibility for the debt.  Is there anything I can or should do to make sure that my credit score reflects the entire story?
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

We all start from somewhere. On 8/1/07, my scores were 548-524-545 (EQ-TU-EX). On 11/1/07, they were 631-656-658. I attribute the jump in scores to advice given on this site. The goal is to be in the 700 club by January 1.

Read, read, read. I spent hours reading before I took action on anything. After getting your AA degree in credit repair, take action, document everything, and set goals for each account. If a GW letter is denied, sent another one. If that is denied, send another one, and another, and another. The worst that could happen is that they say "No". Do the same for PFDs or DVs. If you keep getting a "No", then send it to a different address, if available. If not, send it to a different person. Don't let someone earning minimum wage turn your request down.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.