Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a little tired of playing the CC reporting game

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Getting a little tired of playing the CC reporting game

@Anonymous wrote:

There is always the "auto pay" option may ccc's allow online......that way, you PIF around the due date each month and are guaranteed never to be late.....

This might work for those who normally feel on top of things, but with my history, reading this not only made my stomach knot back up, but my hands got sweaty too! Smiley Very Happy

The systems that work are those that mesh well with individual temperaments, I think. I believe that marty and smallfry and I hover over our laptops, making sure that everything looks right. If only I could extend this obsessive-compulsive tendency to housework. Smiley Sad (BTW, I'm like this at work, too. Luckily I work 200 miles away from my managers, so we don't have to worry about murdering one another.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 50
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Housework? That's what children are for.Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 50
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

I don't play anymore.  I won't need higher scores until Oct 2010 until I move back to the states.  For now I'm letting 12 - 15% utl show.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 50
smallfry
Senior Contributor

In the current credit climate I would be very wary of AA by my creditors if I were to allow multiple accounts report balances and by virtue of that tanking my scores. I don't want to give anyone any reason to CLD my credit limits raise my APR or close the accounts down entirely. Why chance all of that?
Message 34 of 50
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

smallfry wrote:
In the current credit climate I would be very wary of AA by my creditors if I were to allow multiple accounts report balances and by virtue of that tanking my scores. I don't want to give anyone any reason to CLD my credit limits raise my APR or close the accounts down entirely. Why chance all of that?

I'm only letting 4 accts report balances out of the 14 that I have.  For me, if I let 15% utl report I will still have $102K in available credit.  I'm not concerned...even when I allowed 14% report last month, all of my scores were still above 720.

Message 35 of 50
smallfry
Senior Contributor

4 out of 14 is just fine. 10 out of 12 may not be. I believe it was Cheddar, and forgive me if that is incorrect, ran the estimator and the action considered would drop FICO by 30 points. That might be a problem.
Message 36 of 50
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Yeah...I think that letting 10 out of 12 would be bad.  I'm scared to let more than 5 report a balance at any one time!  I'm due a $500 after tax raise in Oct and I can't wait to put it to use!

Message 37 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boscoe wrote:
There is always the "auto pay" option may ccc's allow online......that way, you PIF around the due date each month and are guaranteed never to be late.....

No, no, I will never use auto-pay.  I trust myself to pay my bills on time more than I trust an automated system whose bugs and glitches I would be the one who ends up paying for.

Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't trust anyone but me to make sure my bills get paid on time. I never use auto pay. I have worked too hard on my credit for a computer glitch to ruin everything. Since I check the accounts daily it is not a problem to pay them myself. If you're on the computer anyway how long can it possibly take to check your accounts?

Exactly, smallfry.  I posted my response above before I even saw your reponse here, LOL.

Message 39 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

marty56 wrote:
Add checking your CCC balance each day to double and tripple check the balance and due date and you have me.

I do that anyway.  I spend 10-15 minutes each night updating MS Money.

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.