Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my credit started

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting my credit started

I have a couple of open credit cards that I have had for about a year. They have been used fairly consistently, and are all paid off. They have always been paid on time. Other than that, there is no listings on my credit. How would you say my credit score might look. Very general - above 500, below 500? Higher or lower? Let me know.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting my credit started

I would think your score would be in the high 600's. The only thing that would keep you out of the 700 range is probably your length of history. Your credit history is not long but I still think you should have an excellent score since you say you have two credit accounts with no lates and no huge balances. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong. I'm going by the information you gave. Why don't you just check your score?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd check my score, but I am a poor college student so I don't have the money to pull my scores. At this point I don't have to have them either, I was just interested what people thought they would look like.
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I am guessing mid 600s.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd check my score, but I am a poor college student so I don't have the money to pull my scores. At this point I don't have to have them either, I was just interested what people thought they would look like.

I definitely understand about being broke college student..been there and done that Smiley Happy. I never even checked my scores until I was married (while still in grad school). I'd purchased things...car etc and just went by the scores they pulled. I never had a problem and always got good rates, so I never thought to check. I also, like you, had two cards then. That's why I'm thinking your score is pretty good probably...Mid-high 600 range.
Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

j_ten_man wrote:
I have a couple of open credit cards that I have had for about a year. They have been used fairly consistently, and are all paid off. They have always been paid on time. Other than that, there is no listings on my credit. How would you say my credit score might look. Very general - above 500, below 500? Higher or lower? Let me know.

Let's see two CCs, not lates, no balances I assume. Kind of a thin file. I would say 660-680.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.