j_ten_man

Getting my credit started

I have a couple of open credit cards that I have had for about a year. They have been used fairly consistently, and are all paid off. They have always been paid on time. Other than that, there is no listings on my credit. How would you say my credit score might look. Very general - above 500, below 500? Higher or lower? Let me know.
Established Member
indyfree

Re: Getting my credit started

I would think your score would be in the high 600's. The only thing that would keep you out of the 700 range is probably your length of history. Your credit history is not long but I still think you should have an excellent score since you say you have two credit accounts with no lates and no huge balances. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong. I'm going by the information you gave. Why don't you just check your score?
j_ten_man

I'd check my score, but I am a poor college student so I don't have the money to pull my scores. At this point I don't have to have them either, I was just interested what people thought they would look like.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

I am guessing mid 600s.
Established Member
indyfree

j_ten_man wrote:
I'd check my score, but I am a poor college student so I don't have the money to pull my scores. At this point I don't have to have them either, I was just interested what people thought they would look like.

I definitely understand about being broke college student..been there and done that :smileyhappy:. I never even checked my scores until I was married (while still in grad school). I'd purchased things...car etc and just went by the scores they pulled. I never had a problem and always got good rates, so I never thought to check. I also, like you, had two cards then. That's why I'm thinking your score is pretty good probably...Mid-high 600 range.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

j_ten_man wrote:
I have a couple of open credit cards that I have had for about a year. They have been used fairly consistently, and are all paid off. They have always been paid on time. Other than that, there is no listings on my credit. How would you say my credit score might look. Very general - above 500, below 500? Higher or lower? Let me know.

Let's see two CCs, not lates, no balances I assume. Kind of a thin file. I would say 660-680.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Established Contributor
Anderson

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+